Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/09/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/09/14

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. Each person is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

My clematis is beginning to bloom

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5142445 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

One of my Clematis has buds, Steve, but no blooms yet.

Martha Washington Geranium

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5142448 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, that’s a very pretty Clematis.

Gayle, Martha Washington Geraniums have always been a favorite of mine.

The Horse Chestnut trees on the blvd are blooming.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by mmarnee mmarnee.
    #5142480 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve…lovely clematis.  Mine aren’t blooming yet, but I do see that all of them survived the winter….so I will see blooms someday.

Gayle….did you steal that out of my shop?  LOL  Mine like that is blooming now in my shope window.

Mary….your street is beautiful.  Trees haven’t leafed out here yet….but showing signs of life.

Janet…….I saw your beautiful yellow Asiatic lily in yesterday’s thread.  Asiatic lilies are not scented….oriental lilies are the kind with the scent.

FINALLY I get to share blooms.  I guess it is true that April showers bring May flowers!

I know many of you saw these weeks ago…but I am excited to see them now.  I have a bouqet in the dining room.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5142509 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Nice pictures everybody love the clematis , my daffs are blooming now also just started the tulips are always first here then the daffs.

Another pot I planted for this year

my martha washington blooming also

crab trees just starting to bloom in the yard.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5142529 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

Nice pictures everyone

am like Charlene, I am happy to see  daffodils and hyacinths blooming.

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#5142530 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

I bought myself a birthday present yesterday (and “saved” several more from the lowes sale rack). I’ll post again when it gets to it’s permanent home, but it’s just too pretty not to share :)

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5142569 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Gorgeous Spring Blooms everyone,    Steve, Clematis another thing I can’t grow, so pretty….Gitti, love the soft pink of your Hyacinths ..My Hydrangea (kind of pale) from Sanger  .This is my find at a YS last week….I don’t know exactly what I’ll do with it…fill with smaller pots?  fill with potting mix and plant directly ????   Yes Char, one is turning more reddish…yeah!!!

<div class=”zoomPicturePreviewDiv”></div>

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5142611 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

These daffodils are always the 1st to bloom because they are located in full sun and the bed is quite sandy, so they are always earlier than the others.  I have buds on my tulips…and buds on my other daffs….but hyacinths are just poking through.  It appears I may have lost some.

Snow…..you also have the same Martha Washington as Gayle and I.  I have about 6 different ones.  I am sorry that my red one died this winter.  It will be a few weeks before our flowering crabs are in bloom….usually the end of May or 1st of June.

Gitti….aren’t Spring blooms exciting?  Good to see you….I have missed you the past few weeks.

Heather….what a nice birthday present….it appears to be identical to the one I got from my DSis this week.  In my picture, mine looked more red, but it truly is the color of yours.

Ili…..your garage sale find appears to be Cedar.  I would line it with a garbage bag and then fill it with pots.  That way you can always switch out the pots for a different look….plus if you ever want to move it, it wouldn’t be as heavy as if it were full of dirt!  I look forward to pics when you decide what you will do.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5142651 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

One of my double knockout roses. Abey

#5142675 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Spring flowers……..

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5142676 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Don’t know why the other pictures are small….

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5142758 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Char, can you see the chest opened?  I can’t on my IPad….but yes, you are right that way I can use it later on with something else and be clean…  abey, beautiful KO rose..mine did good for just a little bit, now are looking leggy and rather ugly….therefore they are in line to be booted out…need precious  space here…lol

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5142771 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Your geranium is a real beauty. Theres so many different varieties of geraniums and its hard to tell which one is my favorite but thats got to be one of em.

Marnee… Those chestnuts are looking good. Thats really just a nice shot showing some beautiful weather as well as those big pretty trees. 

Charlene… What beautiful daffodils those are. I know after this longer than usual and colder than usual winter you are really ready for some spring flowers.

Snowwolf… Nice looking container you started. This year I have started more containers than I have probably started in the last ten years combined. Some of em are experiments and if they don’t do well y’all will never see or hear of them lol. That geranium is a beauty and those trees are looking good.

Gitti… Those are more beautiful daffodils and hyacinths…………..Its really good to see you here posting again. Seems its been awhile.

Heather… Oh what a beautiful lily that is. Hope its still in bloom when I come down in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to the other saved plants you got at Lowes too.

Ili… Your hydrangea sure is a light green color but very pretty. Good find at the yard sale as well. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Abey… I love that beautiful rose. Don’t think I mentioned it on here but recently I ordered 5 roses from Brecks so hope to have some pretty ones to share later this summer.

Stella… You really do have some beautiful spring flowers. Those hyacinths with the mixed colors make for a very attractive picture.

Thanks everyone for all of these great pictures and comments today. This weekend we’ll get to enjoy Sandy’s thread and pick back up here on Monday.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.