Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/02/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 5/02/14

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. Everyone is invited to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Not much blooming outside right now after all the rain the last few days but I do have these impatiens seedlings blooming inside now.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5139953 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Lucky you Steve to have indoor blooms, very pretty.

I think Charlene will like these since she commented on a recent photo I shared.

They are not mine just wanted to share.

Jan Bos Hyacinth

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5139991 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve….what cheerful blooms those are.  I also have impatiens blooming in the GH, but they are pink.  I love the red ones.

Donna…you just have to keep tempting me, don’t you?  LOL  I do love those red hyacinths.  I looked in a catalog that I received lately in pursuit of them.  I found them, but only in a mix package….and then you never know how many of which color.  I will continue to look because I do love the red!

I guess I will stay with the red theme this morning……

Red Nicotiana

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5140072 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, those Impatiens are really impatient to go out and do their thing….Donna, what a beautiful color on those Hyacinths… Char, I also do love red, my Nicotianas didn’t come back this year…My first Yellow Lantanas and Red Amaryllis to keep the red thread

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5140115 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Ili…my nicotiana do not “come back”.  They are annuals and I have to plant seeds for them every Spring.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5140116 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Here are pictures of the iris blooming now in my yard.

White Azalea 

Hopefully this is going to have a good showing of RED, WHT, & BLUE.  I planted blue Lithodora in top of the pot since I took this picture.

Azalea is about through blooming now….This is a very old plant and is over 12 ft tall.

snowball bush all weighted down to the ground from rain….

this is a Honeysuckle Azalea or so my DH says….it is pretty and unusual….there is a pink one beside it but it blooms first.

DH bought me a water fountain about 4 years ago with this little lady in it and the water run into her hands….her feet got broke off and I hid her in this planter. DH said he thought one of my angels would look nice in there …So this is how it turned out….Yellow Jasmine….if the darn garden tools were somewhere else….oh well can’t have it all…..

Red Honeysuckle on the garden fence.

Clematis on the garden fence

Clematis and spiderHens and Biddies in an old bird bath top that froze and split last year….

will end with a picture of my little lizard friend….

All of above pictures are blooming now in yard….everyone has such pretty flowers and thanks for sharing them today.Have a great weekend……

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5140184 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

I really like the red impatients and the hyacinths are such a pretty color. I bet everyone is glad to see plants blooming.

Sandy M.

#5140200 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Char, probably I would have to do the same if I want Nicotianas around……

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5140225 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Wow Janet you have a lot blooming.

I saw buds on a couple of my Iris this morning.

Charlene some of my Nicotania stayed green thru the winter.

I guess you could say this is following the “red” theme for the day.

New growth on my Pieris.  I’m hoping for blooms this year.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5140274 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Donna… Those red hyacinths are simply beautiful. I didn’t even know they came in red.

Charlene… Your nicotiana is really pretty. You sure know how to find and grow some pretty flowers.

Ili… What a big pretty amaryllis that is. That yellow lantana is certainly a beauty as well.

Janet… You really do have a lot of iris blooming. Gosh you have a little bit of everything blooming in your yard now. I bet theres a lot of happy bees and hummers around there.

Donna… Thats some really pretty daffodils you have blooming as well. I’m sure your all excited to see them blooming after this long cold winter.

Gayle… Your Pieris is a pretty plant. Hope you do get some blooms this summer to share with the rest of us.

Thanks everyone for todays great picture show and good comments as well. This weekend I think Sandy is going to do a mystery picture thread. It will be interesting to see how things are going. We’ll pick this back up again on Monday.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.