Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 4/25/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 4/25/14

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture post. We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

These pansies are the first pansies I have ever grown. I was disappointed in them during the winter but since the weather has warmed up some they are doing really well now.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5136552 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, your pansies are beautiful.

The Hawthorn tree by my driveway  is blooming.

Photo

#5136556 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Steve, I love your pansies, the colours look great.

mmarnee, what a gorgeous Hawthorn Tree. I love the blooms.

Nothing blooming for me so I will share a picture from the Botanical Garden that is on the way to my parents.

Pretty Tulips

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5136605 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Steve…that pot is just cute as cute can be….very happy looking!  Mary…what a beautiful tree!  I don’t believe I’ve seen those here.   Donna….now that sure screams Spring, doesn’t it?

Last night I was deleting old pics from my computer and came across a couple that I hadn’t ever shared.  Since there is nothing blooming here yet, I am also still sharing old pics,

This is a gladiolia I got in a mixed assortment from Michigan bulb.  I was sorry when the bulb didn’t keep in the basement one winter.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5136639 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Lovely flowers everyone!  I don’t have much blooming in my flower beds, but this is what is blooming in the house.

This is a much smaller version than at the botanical gardens…lol

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5136654 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Stella is that a white Christmas cactus? I have never seen a white one! I’ve had mine for several years and they are soft pink, bright pink and a peach color.

Love the pictures everyone! :)

#5136659 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

it’s almost time! :-D

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5136670 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Yes Wendy, that is a white cactus.  Mind you….the middle has a bit of purple inside.  For some reason it’s not a fast growing one.

Heather…oh my, you are so lucky to have roses ready to open.  Definitely my favorite flower.  By the way, the seeds are on the way.  You should get my envelope some time next week.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5136679 Report Abuse
    heatherincolor
    heatherincolor
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks! I’ll keep y’all posted on the roses. This one is by the door because it is supposed to smell amazing :)

Find more about Weather in Durham, NC

#5136733 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Steve, that’s a lovely bunch…yesterday the gardeners pulled up Pansies/Violas..it is getting too late for them around here, however I was “helping”  them to take care of them, and were blooming pretty good.

Lovely pic of the Botanical Garden…talking about taking care of a Garden!!   That rose looks like ready to show off!!    We have the Hawthorn bushes, yours is gorgeous…and those indoor flowers so unusually pretty…..so those Glads!!!

Bower Vines around the neighborhood, I am patiently waiting for this one to drape to my side of my fence

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5136760 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Ili, those two pictures I posted were taken in my bedroom…LOL.  Oh I love that vine!!!!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5136779 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Stella, they are beautiful…the second one reminds me a little bit of my Queens Tears..but the leaves in yours are much prettier

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5137025 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Marnee… Your hawthorn tree sure is a beauty. Isn’t it nice to now see trees blooming after this long winter.

Donna… Those tulips are just beautiful. I can imagine how much work that has to be to keep them looking that good.

Charlene… I really like your glad. I think I have that same glad. Can’t remember for sure but I think mine came from Michigan Bulb as well. Hope sometime this weekend to check mine and see if they survived the winter in my crawl space.

Stella… Nice flowers to have blooming inside. I too really like that white cactus.

Wendy… Always glad to see you stop by and check out these beauties.

Heather… You have a rose ! I didn’t know you had a rose bush, let alone one thats ready to bloom. I bet it will have a great fragrance.

Ili… I’m not familiar with that vine but those flowers are so pretty. Looks like flowers that should attract hummingbirds as well.

Thanks everyone for posting such pretty pictures today and this week. Also always glad to see the comments. This weekend Sandy will have the weekend post for us and we’ll pick this thread back up Monday.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.