Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 3/21/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Gardening Pictures Past & Present… Friday 3/21/14

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. Of course all of you are invited to post the picture or pictures of your choice.

Wegeila

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5119971 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I found some more crocus today to Welcome Spring.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5120027 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

The apples are blooming!

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5120032 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Looks like Spring every body.  It is still winter here, but I am making plans to soon move some geraniums to the window at my shop.  They like it there and it will give me more room for seedlings in my GH.  I am just waiting for a warm enough day to transport them.  This is my shop window a couple of years ago.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5120051 Report Abuse
    snowwolf57
    snowwolf57
    Participant

Nice weigelia Steve

Gayla It will be awhile for crocus to show face here but I did see some of my tulips breaking ground.

Molly neat that you have the apple trees in bloom they smell so nice.

Charlene What a nice way to display your geraniums.   You did a great job window dressing.  I bet the town people really enjoy them everyday.

Here is a picture of the crocus last year that got hammered by a late ice storm.

signature_2.gif photo signature_11_zpsd05916a9.gif

#5120178 Report Abuse
    KBratnTex
    KBratnTex
    Participant

Not very impressive at this stage, but I plant this little “pot” for my patio table every year. But when our heat really hits, I have to move it. No way to keep enough water on it, otherwise.

http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes&airportcode=K0F2&ForcedCity=Bellevue&ForcedState=TX&zip=76228&language=EN

#5120179 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Wegeila…….

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5120457 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Lovely shrub Steve.  I like how they multiply with flowers all along the stem.

I will know it is spring when I see this guy.

flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Dianthus very pretty flowers today.

Sandy M.

#5120651 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

My weigela that I planted for the hummingbirds, yet I hardly ever see them near it.  :)

Julie, I would love to see one of those pretties in my yard.  Lucky you!  What do you have in the cup?  This may be the year I buy a nice feeder for them.

Love, love, love your window display, Charlene!  You are so talented.

Steve, your weigela is a gorgeous color.  I’ve never seen one like that.  If I had more room …

All of the other pics are so nice too!  I haven’t been to the picture thread for a while.  It always makes me smile when I am able to stop by.  Pics like yours are why.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5120694 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Lots of pretty flowers here…appears lots of pretty pinks.

Snowwolf…we got that ice storm last Spring and that is the culprit that killed many of my perennials…..some day I will replace them.  Kathy also got that storm in Sioux Falls and lost many.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5120773 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Gayle… Those are pretty crocus. They look like the ones I have.

Molly… Blooming apple trees are always a good sign of spring and they are really pretty as well.

Charlene… What a pretty window that is. I bet people passing by enjoys looking at that window.

Snowwolf… Oh those poor crocus really do look cold. Hopefully those scenes are just about done for this year.

KB… Thats a nice little pot for that flower. Pretty flower too and I’m going to guess thats a vinca but not real sure.

Stella… Your wegeila is a beauty. I’m going to be glad when they bloom again and see the  hummingbirds visit.

Julie… Yep those orioles are a sure sign of spring and they are such pretty birds too.

Sandy… What a beautiful dianthus that is. Can’t have those here much thanks to all the rabbits that visit my yard.

Karen… Your wegeila is such a beauty. Shouldn’t be all that long till you get to see it again.

Thanks everyone for all of these great pictures and comments today. This weekend we get to help out in the weekend picture post and pick back up here on Monday.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.