Gardening Pictures Past & Present….7/22/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Gardening Pictures Past & Present….7/22/14

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I am just filling in for Steve tonight….he will be back tomorrow night.

Dwarf Melampodium with Tri color Chrysanthemum

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bells of Ireland…tall marigolds and Yvonne Salvia in the background

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5266571 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Pretty color combination Charlene.  You know I am obsessive about pulling weeds, girl.  I even find myself pulling them from other people’s gardens.  LOL

Some older pictures I haven’t posted yet.

Hot Lips Salvia

A different Tiger Lily.  Called Rose Tiger Lilly

Volunteer Coneflower

Japanese Iris.  (I should have put this on Sandy’s thread this weekend)

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5266578 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Charlene, what beautiful flowers you have there.  Love the red and yellow.

Gayle, that Salvia is gorgeous.

Here are the flowers that Eva sent as mystery seed.  They are still a mystery to me.  Does anyone know what this is??

My pansy pot…ivy geranium from Charlene, and Aloha Calibrochea

Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Julie-That sure looks like some type of zinnia based on leaves and the shape of the flower, but as to what type I don’t know.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5266600 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Good morning everyone. Pictures are looking good so far.

Phlox

Now lets head off to work.  :-(

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5266618 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Julie….I believe those are either nemophilia.  I grew them one year and they were supposed to be blue….but they bloomed orange.

This is the only pic I could find….they are on the left…..same seed as the blue ones on the right.

Or they are diascia

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5266628 Report Abuse
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Ga Girls Flowers
    Participant

Took this Sunday I think…First butterfly that I have seen this year of this size…on Cone flower

Pink on Pink….Tropical Hibiscus that I over wintered last year….with Pink Impatients 

Side view of same …..I think some of my impatients have the disease that was in the plants last year….they( some of them)  look like they got scalded with hot water. 

my little Teddy Bear sunflowers…..

and I have a very colorful display out back looking out of dinning room window…Black eyed Susans.  Taken through the window, so has screen  x’s  on it…sorry.

went to back porch and took for better picture of them.

Loved every ones photos today…so pretty.   Have a good and Blessed week.

Janet...z7.
    Find more about Weather in Sharpsburg, GA

#5266634 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Look at the leaves.  Nemophila leaves and diascia leaves are much different than those.

Here are some images of them

nemophila

diascia

To me it still looks like a leggy zinnia.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5266698 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

I’m with you Mel, they look like my Profusion Zinnias that got not long ago…JMO..lol…  As usual, pictures are great,  Taky, your pot looks so fresh and full, you have to see my trailing Ivy Geranium, looks like chewed up by the devil, so the leaves of most of Zinnias….grasshoppers?  Those pink Hibiscus with pink Impatient are my kind of color…EVEN thought I love corals/blush/orange blooms right now…and that B.fly its worth the waiting…I love my round planter, it really got full this time…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5266743 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

My first Butterfly bush.

#5266744 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

The flowers are all gorgeous today and that butterfly is beautiful.

I celebrate my birthday for several weeks in July and yesterday I received this bouquet of flowers.

#5266749 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

I did not hit submit! Well here it is. Abey

#5266761 Report Abuse
    abeyl
    abeyl
    Participant

Shasta Daisies and other things. can’t believe Daylilies are still blooming.

#5266766 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi everyone!  Loving everyone’s pics again!  Charlene, what pretty Melampodium!  I like that flower a lot!  Gayle, love your flowers & what a pretty volunteer cone flower!  Julie, I am crazy about your container of pansies!  Steve, like the phlox!  Janet, love the bf on the coneflower, also your impatients & the bes!  Melissa, love that purple & whitish flower & the other one!  Lol!  ili, love your container flowers!  Mm, pretty vase of flowers!  Abeyl, love the bf bush! Mi grew one in a container once & it did well!  Butterflies even came to it!  I will do one again in a container, I am sure! I sure learn a lot from you guys!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by margba margba.
    #5266844 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

First I want to thank Charlene for helping me out last night. It really means a lot to have people you can call on for help.

Charlene… Those yellow flowers are really pretty but those tri colored Chrysanthemums are just gorgeous. The flowers in your second picture are also beautiful but I also see some nasturtiums in there you forgot to mention.

Gayle… What nice flowers all those are but I really am fond of your hot lips salvia. They are just beautiful.

Julie… Your mystery flowers sure are pretty what ever they are. That container looks great.

Charlene… Those are some nice looking flowers in both pictures but I would guess it might be the ones in your second picture.

Janet… I sure like that big pretty butterfly on the coneflower. All of those other flowers are also beautiful, especially those hibiscus.

Melissa… Still not sure what Julie’s flowers are but all of those you are showing are some beauties.

Ili… Your planter sure did get full. It really looks good. I also like that second one with the orange flowers and blue pot.

Marnee… Wow someone sure got you a beautiful bouquet. Those colors look so good together. 

Abey… Your butterfly bush looks great. It should provide you with lots of flowers that attracts all kinds of pollinators for years to come. You have lots of nice flowers in that second picture including those pretty red zinnias.

Marg… Yes theres lots of great pictures today. Glad you are getting to enjoy all these beauties.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.