Garden Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 2/04/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Garden Pictures Past & Present… Tuesday 2/04/14

This topic contains 13 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by steve232__nc steve232__nc 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our picture thread for Tuesday. We invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

I’m so looking forward to seeing daffodils blooming soon.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4877532 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Steve, your Daffodils are really pretty.

I took this picture just before sunset  tonight of Hummer on the Hydrangea bush and note there are new buds on the plant.

Photo

#4880736 Report Abuse
    Roboutside
    Roboutside
    Participant

Just to see plants starting to grow will make me happy!

photo signature_2.gif

#4882080 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Lots of signs of Spring on this thread….not so much outside though.  Mary how exciting to have buds now!

I can hardly wait for these tulips to bloom.  Last year I moved many of these to the north side of the house…hope they bloom there.

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4882433 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

Yes, I can’t wait to see the Flowers. It is a long winter.

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#4882591 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

I don’t have much luck with my tulips.  Seems I get one season out of them and then they fizzle out.  Have to fight the deer too.  I do have lots of allium tho, which the deer won’t eat!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#4882901 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Soon……………………….

#4883727 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Good day everyone !  Pretty blooms !

Begonia …

photo 2.gif

#4884119 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

This Aster is a fall flower but the colour reminds me of summer.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4884729 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Steve, I’d be happy to see anything bloom.  The crocus are usually first,  I need to go see if there are any popping up yet.   BTW Tulips usually only do well for one season.  They come back but get smaller each year, especially in the warmer zones.  Darwin species comes back more reliably than others.

I’m waiting on my Magnolia

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4885086 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

April 2012 was an early spring here.  We can hope for this April!

#4892048 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

It was Spring weather until this week…we went back to Winter….and finally having some rain…quite a few things were confused and are trying to bloom…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#4892119 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

American Red bud. lovely spring flowers can’t wait to see them and play in the dirt.

Sandy M.

#4896827 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Marnee… Your little hummer is saying “look spring is on the way, see the buds”. Sure will be glad to see the hummers here again.

Rob… I too will be glad to see green things growing once again. Your hyacinths are really pretty and hopefully before long they will be here again.

Charlene… Looks like that picture was taken in Holland. Well maybe it was in Holland, Iowa lol. Those are pretty flowers.

Gitti… Those are beautiful tulips. Haven’t saw any color that bright around here in a while now.

Melissa… Thats a pretty allium. I haven’t ever grown those but I always like seeing the pictures of them.

Linda… What bright yellow crocus. The crocus are always the first thing here to bloom and shouldn’t be much longer till we see them here.

Giddey… Your begonias are a beautiful bright yellow. It looks like a basket full of sunshine.

Stella… That sure is a beautiful bright red aster. Anything that bright and red does remind us all of summer.

Gayle… Those magnolias are some real beauties. I’m sure you and lots of others of us are looking forward to seeing those beauties.

Noreen… It sure does look like spring in that picture. Its going to be so nice when our flower beds spring to life this spring.

Ili… Good to see you here today. Sounds like you have had some good weather.

Sandy… Those redbuds are really pretty trees. My parents had some in their yard and when they are in bloom they really do attract lots of bees.

Thanks everyone for all of these great pictures and comments today.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.