Garden Pictures Past & Present… Friday 2/07/14

Home Forums Gardening Garden Pics Garden Pictures Past & Present… Friday 2/07/14

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Welcome to our Friday picture thread. As always we invite everyone to post the picture or pictures of their choice.

Winter Berry

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#4936939 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Nice winter berry bush Steve.  The birds must love it.

Winter in my yard right now.  My crocus I planted in fall are under all that snow next to the sleeper deck.

Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Nice Berries & I even like the snow.  Why do they call that a sleeper deck?  I’ve never heard that term before.

Forsythia last Spring.  Started from a little twig I got from the woods behind my son’s house.  I have a few pieces of it in water trying to root it for some more plants.  Wish me luck.

I’m hoping this gets bigger this year.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4938803 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

As I sit here at work @ 2:38 a.m. having been called in for a C-section, I always come to this site to bide my time til the patient gets to me, and Gayle’s pic is the only one that shows up, and I LOVE it, Forsythia is one of my favorite blooming things ever, because it shows up so early and is a promise of spring right around the corner.  Even when they sometimes bloom and then get frozen, it is still usually a short lived ‘freeze’ and then comes spring in full force!  Feeling so hopeful and excited for spring!

#4939023 Report Abuse

razzmataz
    Participant

I will try to see the other pics at home, this work computer usually blocks all pics from displaying, but somehow I guess that tenacious little forsythia forced its way open….LOL!  Much like in spring!

#4940014 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

My backyard today!

#4942252 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

How about a pretty pink peony.

Sandy M.

#4943940 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Steve-The winter berries sure are a nice splash of color in the drab of winter.

Gayle-I don’t have any forsythia but they are very pretty.

Julie-Looks like home!

Mmarnee-Wow.  I’m surprised to see all your snow.  Hope the hummers are doing ok.

Sandy-Very pretty peony.  Mine are lighter pink then yours.

My BIL got married at a park in Sept and this fountain was in the park.  Thought it was so cool!  Unfortunately it was raining that day.

A close up of one of the planters.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#4944103 Report Abuse
    Gitti Z5
    Gitti Z5
    Participant

BBQ

photo signature_1_zps17dbf24d.gif

#4945965 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

An assortment…..

Stella
    Community Team Member

#4947990 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

Hi everyone !  Great pictures !!!

photo 2.gif

#4948169 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Melissa, nice fountain and beautiful plants.

We don’t usually get snow in Portland. Usually if we get snow it only lasts a couple of hours. However, this time it’s supposed to be here for days. We had two to three inches of snow at my place and my sister had over eight inches of snow.  It was 19° last night and it’s 23° this morning with forecast of more snow today and more over the weekend along with freezing rain.

In answer to your question the Hummer are doing okay. Yesterday was a very long day I put their feeders out before first light and had to change them every hour as they were frozen.

The Warbler also likes the Hummers feeder

And the Hummer likes the Warblers feeder

Another little hummer was able to get by the resident hummer to get something to eat.

In this picture I had just changed the feeder in the front yard and stood guard so a couple little hummer could get something to eat as the resident hummer was chasing them away.

This was just before nightfall and this hummer let me take several pictures before it flew off

Steve, I like to see pictures of snow especially when it’s not in my yard!!

#4949671 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Absolutely gorgeous pictures….how pretty those Hummer pictures and others…all lovely…

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#4949694 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I’m on a roll here, so I will try to post something….but what?

Very nice pics here once again.  Mary…I am also surprised to see you posting pics of snow!

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4952799 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Gayle, a sleeper deck is one that has been built on the ground.  A ground deck made of wood.  You can see the small one we built in the picture in front of the steps.  We have two wood sleeper decks.  The one in front and another one in the back of the house.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.