Friday in the Midwest July 25, 2014

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Friday in the Midwest July 25, 2014

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Sandy K. Sandy K. 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Good Morning,  Its a cool morning I have 54* going to a high of 79*.  Not a lot planned for today, Just working in the yard.  I really need to clean house, but waiting for hot and rainy weather, don’t see any hot, so I guess it will be rainy weather.  Yesterday I cut back some cat mint, and all my salvia, hosta blooms,  pulled weeds and wild strawberry plants.  I also sprayed the circle bed.  Not much to say.

Lair,  I should of known you were pulling our legs.  Yes, Tim shouldn’t be taking anything that isn’t his.

Alma,  I bet you are enjoying the cooler temps.

Mary,  How was work?

Sandy,  I think that’s good you have another week off, need to recoup.  That’s a lot of wash to do in one day.  Good job on the new plants.

I forgot to say I have been seeing the deer, our apples are ready, falling off the trees and the deer are eating them.  Yesterday in the middle of the day, they wanted to eat, but I was sitting on the patio, and they decided to wait.  I don’t like them in the yard, for a couple of reason, deer ticks, and my plants.

Well that’s it for today, Carol

#5267695 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

I’ll slip my new pic of Brylie in here. 6 mo. and two bottom teeth.

Hi All, It’s going to be a great day no matter what happens, because I have the weekend off. I don’t think we’ll be seeing the grandbaby this weekend as we haven’t made any plans to go down. My cat sitter (SIL) fell and broke 3 bones in her wrist/arm. She had a plate put in it on Wed. She’s hurting, so not asking anyone in her family to look after the cat. It’s been raining?/sprinkling out this morning, so that will be a big help to the flowers.

The first half the night was crazy last night. I usually go to supper about 5, but never got to go until 6. I stayed and helped get all the residents down to supper and then took off. I was ticked when I came back and got down to the dining room at 6:35. The one lady sat there with her food in front of her and NOBODY fed her. She’s at the feeder table for a reason. She now also has a broken wrist from a fall, so she can’t do much for herself. I fed her and also went around the table helping two other people finish eating. At 6:30 the Activity person started making S’mores in a microwave in the dining room; talk about a mess. One guy made such a mess of his fingers. I had about as much on my hands trying to clean him up as he had on his fingers. We had marshmallow smeared everywhere! YUCK!!

The head nurse switched a shower on us late in the first part of our shift, and that messed up our schedule. Had we known in time, we would have done the shower before supper. I gave the resident a late bed bath as that was all I/we had time for. It got done, but they went to bed 1 1/2 hrs. later than normal. I get ticked when the higher ups just say, “Do this…..” We’re at the limit now of what we can physically get done in a night. It will be lightening up in the next weeks/month, as we have 2 that are supposedly passing away, and 1 or 2 that may go home. In the mean time we trudge along. One resident isn’t expected to make it through the weekend. That one person took a lot of time yesterday due to being delusional, confused from lack of oxygen, and the general issues of the body shutting down. I wish the resident could just go to sleep and pass; it would be such a blessing.

I got a pic of Brylie yesterday, but I’ll have to get it uploaded to photobucket first. I emailed my son and told him the second picture, the close up, was blurry. He told me that she never sits still. Well, get a decent camera!!!! not a cell phone. This poor little girl will never have any pictures in a book to look at except grandma’s!

Oh boy, the phone just rang. It’s the gal calling to see if I will pick up any time this weekend. I’ll really have to think on this.

#5267704 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Good Morning, That was an ordeal.  I got on right after Carol and started posting a long post.  In the middle the computer said I had no internet connection and shut the computer down.  When it came back up a few minutes later Norton said I had issues and had to install updates so now I am back 1 1/2 hours later.  I hope that is over.  

Good Morning, it is 59, overcast with a little drizzle.  It rained a little overnight and it feels like a flannel shirt day.  No temps above 80* in the next 10 days so it won’t feel like the end of July.  Yesterday was sure a good day for me.  I went out and set the sprinkler on the lily bed and then went weeding for a few hours.  When I came in I had a message from Andy and he wanted to mow because of the forecast rain for the weekend.  I got him and he mowed the whole yard and I got some  hosta flowers cut off.  when I got back from giving him a ride home there were 2 boys in the drive wanting to know if I needed any work done.  OH BOY, did I.  I put them to work on the lilies and I got the ladder and cut back dead grape vines.  Those boys really worked hard and got most of the bulbs dug and I got all the the vines cut.  We got done about 6 but before they went home I gave them a tip.  Tim has a closet full of clothes in a guest bedroom.  He has not gone in there for years except to put in more clothes.  The boys are about his size and always wear the same cloths, always clean but still the same cloths.  They are from a family of 16 kids and I am sure money is short.  Well I filled a garbage bag with his clothes for a tip.  They were delighted looking in the bag.  I told them to use what they could and throw the rest if they couldn’t use them.  It was a good day in Lairland.  Getting a lot done in the yard adn cleaning a closet not to mention a little goodwill donation.  Today is going good too except for the computer.  I have my sheets in the dryer and when they get back on the bed I am going to clean the litter boxes.  I mean clean!  Dump litter, wash boxes and fill with new litter, also the area around them.  I think I can work on some other rooms after that since most everything outside is done for today.  I’m not sure if Tim is working today but he will be in a good mood I am sure.  Today is the day he gets his first paycheck with the big raise on it.  Should be $300 more than before the way I figure.  He is also getting a quarterly bonus check for production which is up form 8% to 14% but I don’t how that becomes cash.  Anyway it is up!  Well, My sheets are dry the dryer says so I need to get moving on that.  You all have a good day.  Lair  

#5267711 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

Forgot to mention to Sandy,  be careful of those goose necks you got from your sister.  I got some from my neice and I loved them for 5 years.  At that point the nice little clump started spreading in every direction and killed everything in it’s path.  It even went under the sidewalk and came up in the yard killing grass.  I have spent the last 3 years with round up and still have them coming up here and there.  Just be careful where you plant them.  Lair

#5267767 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Good Late Afternoon all-

Just finishing my delicious lunch up.  I had Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings 6) and could probably eat another six.  I am working in the area of this Gem of a Restaurant.  I have been going there for 20 years and it looks the same as it did back then.  One of those holes in the wall types.

I had to blink my eyes several times this morning, as the temperature reading on the car said 47.  It’s a beautiful day for sure.  I hope the rain holds out for this weekend’s family reunion.

Well, I discovered something today that I never knew was there.  I have been back in this area numerous times over the years and never seen this before.  I think the area has been cleared out of some of the overgrowth.  It was sad to see the state of the observatory today. So much history gone. Anyways, enclosing a link…

http://www.umich.edu/~lowbrows/history/mcmath-hulbert.html

Got home real late on Wednesday,which I knew would happen having that late of appointment. It seemed to screw our schedule up.  I didn’t walk in the door until almost 9:30pm.   Hair looks good and I knew there was more to the story of why my girl left after 10 years.  Got the scoop from the girl that does my hair now and it’s to bad the shop owner did her the way she did, especially since my girl brought a lot of clients in.

Picked a bunch of Green Beans last night since I figured I would be to tired this morning to pick. First beans of the year.  Boy, they sure were good.  Ended up sauteing them with some garlic and slivered onions.  Dropped quite a bit of beans off to my sis for the nephews.  The oldest one just loves them.  However, they can clean them..

Well I need to close for now.  Everyone have a Great Weekend.  Will try and check in Sunday after we get home from the Family Reunion….

#5267796 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

A beautiful sunny 75 degree day with a slight breeze . most days rainy or not are looking wonderful to me :-)

Found out this morning that I will be going back to work this weekend so now today I’ve been in a rush to get everything planted ,dishes done, and I have to make up another five gallons of laundry soap. the plants are planted and Lair the goose necks are in thier own little space away from all the other plants by the fence thank for letting me know the are aggresive . I have one patch that I have had for several years that still have not done much but they are shaded .

well I need to get back to work since dinner is done . I hope to get back on later tonight

Take care & Gos Bless

Sandy k

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.