FOR MARNEE

Home Forums Backyard Chat General FOR MARNEE

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Carol Johnson Carol Johnson 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Marnee I was so sorry to read about your beloved Lollie passing, she sure was a cutie and was sure a loved dog I know she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge for you.

I made this Tribute for you and that is her picture on there I would be happy to print it out for you and mail it if you would like. Send me your address via my email addy. Again I am so very sorry. clj7104@gmail.com

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5267565 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Carol,

I was so surprised to see my name when I checked the boards this evening.  Thanks you so very much for the lovely Tribute with Lollie’s picture on it.  One of the first things I did was print the Tribute. You are really one lovely person and I appreciate you more than you will ever know.  Thanks again..

#5267573 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

A nice gesture, for a beautiful tribute. I am sure Mmarnee is thrilled with it.

#5267609 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

What a beautiful thing to do. I’m sure it is much appreciated.

photo 123.gif

#5267681 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Marnee I am please that you liked Lollie’s Tribute and I do understand about the loss of a beloved family member..When my heart dog Boomer passed it was weeks before I could move freely as he had been by my side / right next to me for 9 years if I moved he moved …when I vacuumed it was always hard and yup at time it was bothersome but I sure miss him he is and always will be in my heart…I took him off a chain off a set of steps where he lived , ate, slept and pottied that was his life the steps was the only space he had and the neighbor hood kids would ride by and throw sticks and stones at him…he had such bad dreams he laid right by my feet to sleep and I would just call his name to wake him …ok so now I am crying ..yes I do understand losing your best friend..

Thanks Posynut and Marilyn for the kind words :)

#5267692 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

The love you have for animals surely shows Carol… you are one special person…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5267739 Report Abuse
    mmarnee
    mmarnee
    Participant

Carol, Bess you and the care you give you truly are a special person. The Tribute you made for Lollie is amazing and is very special to me. I know you understand the loss of our beloved pets and yes they are a big part of our family.

I’m glad you were there for Boomer. We will never understand how anyone could treat an animal that way. Lollie was always close to my side and if I moved she moved. She was just 7 months old when she came to live with me; she had been abused by a young boy and never trusted children again. She was really smart and never seemed to forget anything. She was a happy little girl for the most part. She would only play with me and acted scared if anyone else tried to play with her. There were times when she seemed to have a flash back of her first treatment and just needed more love and understanding.

Thanks again for understanding.

#5267903 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

<p> Thank you for the kind words everyone and Marnee I just do what I feel is right as I know you did with your Lollie…
    And just to be clear I did not write the Tribute it was wrote in the early 1900 by George Graham Vest who served as U.S. Senator from Missouri from 1879 to 1903..Over the years of rescue I have made many of these for family , friends ect each with their doggies picture …When I find a picture of my Boomer I will share it with you have thousands of pictures to look through ..sure wish I had labeled my cd…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.