First bluebird today ~~~

Home Forums Birding Feeding Birds First bluebird today ~~~

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Junior Barnes Junior Barnes 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Our first bluebird arrived in NW Ohio this morning so I m hoping that is a sure sign that Spring can t be far away.

I first noticed him sitting on top of a shepherds’ hook above a post feeder then he hopped over to the bluebird house and peeked in the hole.  He didn t stay long but I m hoping he was the “”scout”" and will return with friends and family for the summer months.

Marilyn

#5124363 Report Abuse
    Kim
    Kim
    Participant

That’s great, Marilyn!

Saw the first eastern bluebird in the backyard (SC) on Mar 4.  It sat on the feeder pole checking out the area.  I didn’t have a bluebird house up at that time, but I do have one up now and it has since been visited a couple times by a pair of bluebirds.  I’m crossing fingers hoping they’ll find it acceptable and will move in soon!

#5124386 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

What a pretty little bird he is , Kim !!!

We have 4 houses up for them and already the sparrows seem to be trying to stake claim to 2 of them.  DH has cleaned out the one house 5-6Xs in a couple of weeks.  I hope they don t discourage the bluebirds from settling into their own houses.

Marilyn

#5124407 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

I’m lucky enough to have bluebirds here year round. Even in the winter when the ground is covered in the evil white stuff. They have really been enjoying my suet lately too as well as my seed feeder which also has some peaunts as well as  dried cherries and raisins in the mix.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in Wilkesboro, NC

#5124431 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

I’ve had bluebirds off and on for a few weeks now (southern Ohio).

www.birdsofohio.webnode.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.