Finally! They have arrived!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Finally! They have arrived!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

A bit late, however!  Lightening bugs, that is! Love those critters! I think it will be a good yr for them, too, because we are getting just the right combo of wet weather/dry weather right now to make conditions just right!  I wish I could get photos of them but found it pretty impossible!  I saw a lot of them last night before storms came in!

#5155295 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

None here yet… which is good.. because the earlier they are the earlier it get cold…. old wives saying…lol

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5155302 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I thought they were early.  I saw them the other night and they are usually not here until the 4th of July.

#5155311 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Sharon, sorry they arent at your house yet!  Lizzie, n glad they arrived at your house!  I usually see them herr the beginning to the middle of June!

#5155350 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

they are here ..I enjoy watching them..

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5155397 Report Abuse

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

My cats Windy and Emma let me know they arrived as they tried to get them through the window. LOL

#5155400 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

My son said he saw some this past Sunday but I guess I haven’t paid enough attention, haven’t been out after dark for awhile.

#5155471 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

We ve had a few every evening for about a week now but probably nothing like normal for another week or so.  Usually, around the Fourth of July, they are like mini fireworks around here.

Marilyn

#5155650 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Ours were late, they didn’t arrive until mid May, they usually show up early April.

Terry

#5155672 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Once I was reading an old true novel written in the 1700s.  The writer was describing the amazing light show he saw from the lightening bugs which were in the hundreds & hundreds & no other lights from elec to diminsh their brightness!  Must have been an awesome sight back a couple hundred yrs ago, especially when they may have never laid eyes on such a spectacle!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.