Fifth bird watching/photography expedition….

Home Forums Birding Your Bird Stories (aka Bird Tales) Fifth bird watching/photography expedition….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Donna Donna 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

My neighbor suggested we go down to the lake nearby.  I live just a few blocks from the Lake of Two Mountains, known as Lac des Deux-Montagnes.  Three years ago the government rebuilt the bridge which connects Laval to the northern suburban towns.  They also built a path that gives the citizens a place to have a nice walk and look at the lake, birds, and plants.  Thought you might like to see some birds that were  all around us.  Some of the ducks came right up to our feet.

Hope you enjoyed these pictures.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5274362 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I just wanted to point out that the picture with the duck carrying a plastic bag is all due to people who are careless.  I got quite angry when I saw that.  My friend and neighbor tried very hard to catch the duck to remove the plastic, but let’s face it, a senior citizen is not as fast as a duck.

I was also surprised when I was posting the picture of the seagull….it has a tag H20.  I wonder who tagged it, and where was it done.

I thought you might like a couple more pictures.  Here they are.

Thought I’d throw in my new kitty….love him to bits…

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5274365 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Hi Stella , what a beautiful place to walk and visit… I could spend a whole day there.

Love the herons…and all the ducks.  You did good… what a nice trip you had….

And your new baby is adorable… Thanks for sharing..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5274430 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Stella, great pics!  Enjoyed the big heron!  How do you post so many like that in one post?

#5274431 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh, and kitty is adorable & looks very happy there!

#5274554 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Margba, thanks!  All I do is copy the URL from my Google photos and click on the picture, enter, paste, and when all of the pictures are downloaded to B&B, I submit.

Thanks Sharon!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5274725 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I am not familiar w/ google photos!  Will look into that!

#5274759 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Awesome pics Stella, nice to meet EI Sid as well.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.