Fairy Garden Bridge

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Fairy Garden Bridge

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by wilderness_NY_Z4 wilderness_NY_Z4 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

One project now crossed off the list.  Finally.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5260909 Report Abuse
    labrat_
    labrat_
    Participant

Bette!!!  You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and talent!

Oh yeah.  And your energy too!  I can’t figure out how you do it all.  Do you ever sleep?  LOL.

That’s a charming Fairy Garden, the bridge with your protective gargoyle are the perfect finishing touch.  May your garden bring much joy to your heart  :)

____________May all your weeds be wildflowers.____________

#5260910 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

You did good.  I like the bridge.   Hope the Troll doesn’t scare off all the Fairy’s.  I really like the sign.  Now you  need to add the 3 billy goat gruffs!   That was my DGD’s favorite story when she was little.

#5260913 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Labrat this project has been in the works for now going on 5 years.  Not sure if you saw the pictures about a week ago of the pond and the start of the waterfalls.  Yes I do sleep.  I try to work on something everyday even if I have to go to work.  I started the bridge a week ago.  I have run out of rocks however so need to go collect more before I can go any further on the dry creek bed..  Really should be weeding and planting rather than building bridges.  LOL

Thanks Joan.  Please don’t give me anymore ideas.  There is no money to buy any goats although my lawn could use them right now.  Most everything except the fairies which I purchased a couple of years ago, is scrap recycled stuff and natural rocks from the property and long my road.

photo signature_3.gif

#5260915 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Fantastic Bette. Everything you add is one step closer to finished…I have enjoyed the progress reports, but be sure to take some time for yourself to enjoy it.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5260937 Report Abuse
    labrat_
    labrat_
    Participant

oops, I realize now that’s a Troll, not a gargoyle … guess that was on my mind, as I collect gargoyles, LOL.  I think though, they both guard and protect, right?

Fairy gardens are a whole new world to me.   I love that whimsy!

Five years is fine.  As we all know, a true garden is never quite finished and always a work in progress  :)

____________May all your weeds be wildflowers.____________

#5260940 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Molly, I just wish I was a little taller and could take giant steps.

Labrat, I just bumped the other pictures of the fairy garden.  Most people think of a fairy garden as everything in miniature usually in a dish.  This is a large area which someday will have about 6 beds in it.

photo signature_3.gif

#5260941 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I love that!  Awesome job!

#5260950 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Looks good, Bette.  I laughed when I saw the troll you have guarding your bridge.  When DDIL was making a miniature fairy garden this year, she had DGS helping her pic out figurines for the garden.  He picked out a troll just like yours…only tiny.  She didn’t want to buy it, but he insisted.  It is now in her fairy garden, but she has it hiding under her bridge…lol.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5260970 Report Abuse
    jcolbert40
    jcolbert40
    Participant

Trying to picture where this is.  You may have said at one time, but my memory is toast!

My name photo Myname.gif

#5260972 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

I love it!  Looks awesome and the troll is the perfect addition!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5260973 Report Abuse

Wow wilderness you are amazing!!  Looks great.

#5260977 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Bette, it’s wonderful. I look forward to the next Fairy project.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5261000 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Cool, looks good.  Joanne, if I remember right (And probably not) it is over to the left side of her property.  Somewhere near her Veg garden I think?

Bette has probably left for work by now but she’ll come back & tell us later.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5261152 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Thanks everyone.

Yes Gayle you are correct.  The area is beside the vegetable garden and is almost twice the size of the vegetable garden.  The pond was the only thing there when you were here for the gathering in 2011.  Not too sure how much more I will get done this year on it.  I have a couple of flowering almond that have been sitting in pots for about 3 years now and am thinking of putting one on each side of the bridge but need to get some leveling done on both ends of the bridge before I can do that.  Since just about everything is on a slope here the bridge is level but the ground isn’t in front of it.  It seems I just keep adding more and more projects to that area.

Charlene your DGS has good taste with the troll.  Shame on your DDIL for hiding him.  No bill goats are going to get into my fairy garden and scare my fairies.  LOL.

photo signature_3.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.