Error msg?……..why?

Home Forums Backyard Chat Community Help Error msg?……..why?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Whycwont it let you say something you already “said before”?  Seems kind of silly if I want to say bahumbug more than once, why shouldnt I be able to?  No real biggie, though!  Mostly just wondering why!

#5123074 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Don’t have an answer.    It has gave me that message on the Happy Birthday post when wishing someone a Happy Birthday.   I just  reword it and go on.

#5123110 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Cant wish ahappy birthday more than once, I guess!  A pain in the butt if you ask md me, just dont ask me more than once!  Lol!

#5123113 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Marg – It’s to block spammers and others who might posting harmful messages. That’s a common sign of spam – multiple messages with the same text. I know it’s a little bit of a pain for our tried and true users, but we feel it’s more important to protect you all from possibly dangerous posts. Make sense?

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5123158 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

I guess I am lost on this one.  Are you saying you can’t use the same wording twice in the same post yet many times we are still seeing double posts?

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5123181 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

No Bette, I don’t think so  You can’t post the same exact message more than once.  Kind of like the old duplicate posts thing.  But you can change a word in the title or in the message itself & it will work.

I think maybe Margba was using the bah humbug thing as an example unless she was using those words as the title for more than one post.   In which case she can change it to Oh, Bah Humbug.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5123202 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Bette, that is correct!  You cant use the same exact wording in a msg more than once!  I was using bahumbug just as an illustration!

Thanks, Jill!  I think I undrrstand the why & whatfer now!  Lol!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.