Early Garden

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Early Garden

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by gracelovesflowers gracelovesflowers 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BirdyJ_SoCal
    BirdyJ_SoCal
    Participant

One advantage to living in Southern California is that while most of the country is experiencing snow and freezing temperatures in February, here it is time to start the garden!

My garden this year will be intermingled with the landscape plants.  Last weekend I cleared out the old plants from previous years and of course the weeds.  This weekend I plan to work in some replacement garden soil and compost.  I bought some ready to plant starters (I’m no good at starting from seed as I have too many birds in the yard).  To start I will be planting leaf lettuce, bell peppers, snow peas, yellow crook neck squash, and zucchini squash.  I also have three hanging planters that will be planted with a trailing variety of strawberry with rosy pink flowers.  Pretty and yummy berries later.  I have an herb garden already going n a strawberry pot and my tomato plants from last year are still going strong.  This is going to be the year!!!!

photo limpbirdsmallanim_zps04639831.gif

#4998642 Report Abuse

ma-shirley NC
    Participant

Sounds good!

photo siggy1.gif

#4998750 Report Abuse

mememouse
    Participant

hooray for you BJ,, Let us  know how things are going,,,er growing,,,,i sure do envy you as I would suppose most people here do… But have fun .. :smile:

#4998832 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Oh I cant wait!  You lucky ducky!  

#4999597 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Plant something for me please. I would just love to see some dirt under my nails.

Enjoy!

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4999662 Report Abuse
    gracelovesflowers
    gracelovesflowers
    Participant

#4999667 Report Abuse
    gracelovesflowers
    gracelovesflowers
    Participant

My comments disappeared! Ah well good luck with that lovely garden you describe.

#4999709 Report Abuse
    gracelovesflowers
    gracelovesflowers
    Participant

Wonder why the time is wrong. I live in the PNW and on PST but the clocks are wrong . It is now 8:40 P.M. PST.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.