Doob!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Doob!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by blubird67_oh blubird67_oh 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

Thank you for the wonderful card you sent me today–that was so nice of you.  Also, thanks for getting me a subscription to Food and Family–I am so excited!  I used to get that a LONG time ago and I loved that magazine–thank you so much!  I will thoroughly enjoy it :) :):)

What have you been up to besides working?  I have just been recuperating and doing light chores/errands.  I have a dr appt tomorrow–want to ask him why my ankle is swollen :(

Keep in touch–okay?  Thanks again–Love you!

#5152030 Report Abuse
    doobiedoo
    doobiedoo
    Participant

hey lizzie glad your able to get up and about some. I get the food and family but hardly ever cook the meals because no one to eat them, but I do bake some of the cakes. and I love the pictures of the food. LOL I am still working but was told hrs would be cut around june 20 since summer is slow. I only work 25 hrs a week now, just to get my credits for social security. LOL its getting hotter than heck out there and its burning me up! tomorrow its gonna rain so I will have to work in a garbage bag! ha ha glad you liked your card…gotta start coming by the byc more often….doesn’t look like many post  anymore

#5152306 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

Yep, it’s getting hot here too, although today was cloudy. 

My doc sent me right away to the hosp for an ultra sound of my leg–he thought I might have a blood clot–the technician said she didn’t see a blood clot (thank God)  so I don’t know why my ankle and foot are swollen.  My feet never even swelled when I was pregnant!  I’m waiting for the doc to call me back and tell me what to do.

I’ve made many of those recipes from F&F when I used to get it so I am read excited about getting the mag again!!

#5152343 Report Abuse
    doobiedoo
    doobiedoo
    Participant

usually when your ankles swell you put your legs above your heart and rest a while and it goes down. mine do after being on my feet too much, could be too much salt. legs up does help me. I have had leg vein surgery

#5152344 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Lizzie, I will be praying it’s not a blood clot!  So sorry you are having some serious health issues!  HUGS & PRAYERS!

Doob, I agree w/ you about not many posting here anymore!

#5152346 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

well, I don’t think it’s a salt issue, as it’s only one ankle.  They asked me if I injured it and I said no.  Doc called me and said take Motrin for 3 days on and 3 days off to see if that helps.  Weird.

Thanks for the prayers marg–appreciate them!

#5152768 Report Abuse
    doobiedoo
    doobiedoo
    Participant

ibuprophin makes swelling go down. that’s probably why. hope your feeling better

#5152790 Report Abuse
    blubird67_oh
    blubird67_oh
    Participant

Good Luck, hope your foot and ankle settle down real quick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.