Does anyone have Dish Satellite internet?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Does anyone have Dish Satellite internet?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by shortbreadlover shortbreadlover 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dysfan
    dysfan
    Participant

We do have Dish for our TV and HD and is good service.  Except like all satellites gets rained out on occasion just a couple minutes though. Our internet is $39. a month through Verizon Fios.

#5267775 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

We have Dish but not the internet… if you go online and read about it.. and read the reviews its not very promising… that’s why hubby didn’t switch ours over…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5267776 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

The Good
    Big discount for bundling with TV:

When you bundle your satellite Internet with DISH Network TV, you can save $10 per month. Choose from any of DISH Network’s Internet packages, and even add on phone service as well. When you bundle these packages together, you also have the added convenience of receiving a single monthly bill for all of these services. DISH Network also waives their satellite Internet activation fee should you choose to bundle your Internet and TV, resulting in even more savings for you. This could be a really great option for anyone who already has or is interested in DISH Network’s other services.
    Excellent customer support:

DISH Network makes it easy to get your problems solved by offering a variety of support channels that you can use to contact the company. Live chat and phone support are going to be most effective for getting immediate assistance, and both of these services are available 24/7. The satellite Internet provider also has Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter pages where customers can reach out to them, along with the usual email support. If your question or issue is technical in nature, DISH Network provides several useful articles to help you fix the problem without having to contact a support representative.
    Great upload rate:

DISH Network offers the fastest upload speed of any satellite Internet provider at 10 Mbps. Now, many people may not upload to the Internet that frequently, so the satellite Internet’s upload rate likely is not as important as the download rate. However, DISH Network’s upload speed definitely is appreciated by anyone who frequently uploads photos or videos to the Internet.
    The Bad
    10 Mbps download speed:

DISH Network’s most affordable plan has a download speed of just 5 Mbps and their most expensive plan only offers 10 Mbps. This may be enough for some people’s needs but considering that other satellite Internet providers offer 12 or even 15 Mbps with some of their plans, DISH Network’s download speed could be a little disappointing to some. If you are a frequent Internet user, the slower speeds may get extremely frustrating over time, and it may be a good idea to look into another satellite Internet provider.
    Low data limits:

Even with DISH Network’s best satellite Internet plan, you still only get 15 GB of data that you can use at any time. This is considerably lower than some other satellite Internet providers’ limits, and could be a serious problem for some, because if you use all of that data before the month is up, you must either pay extra to buy more data or have your Internet speed significantly reduced. DISH does include 15 GB of bonus data in with its satellite Internet plan as well, but this may only be used between 2 and 8 a.m. While running into your data limit may not be a concern for occasional Internet users, it could be a huge problem for those who use it frequently.
    Can’t order online:

DISH Network does not allow you to order your satellite Internet service online and instead requires you to call a support representative. Many people may be a little annoyed by this because they would probably prefer to handle the ordering process themselves rather than having to contact customer support. Still, this is more of an inconvenience than a deal breaker.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5267777 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

We have had DISH for years. Very satisfied with the service. Just had to have a service call because of loosing signal on certain channels but it had been raining but that wasn’t it. We have some trees that have to come down. Mainly one by the barn. Dh was going to get it taken down for fear of falling on the barn, now it is interfering with the tv.now, so that is coming down soon.DISH tech said if it were winter picture would be okay but now the leaves are interfering.We have the middle package & can’t tell you exactly what we pay cause it is in a bundle with Windstream [phone]cable and internet which run about $150.00 per month. We have cells but just for emergency so the phone has to stay……………Our picture used to never go out, even in the rain but since this tree problem, they go a lot & that is our fault.

photo 123.gif

#5267778 Report Abuse
    dysfan
    dysfan
    Participant

Thanks Sharon for the huge reply about Dish!  I do like to save files and d some pictures but not a big amount so I will think it over…Verizon Fios is lightning speed but expensive!

#5267779 Report Abuse
    dysfan
    dysfan
    Participant

Thanks Marilyn.  We have oss of reception easy when it rains and a lot of trees are in the western side of our land. Could be like you that some trees are interferring!

#5267793 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Some on our street here have satellite dishes but not sure if is DISH or Direct TV.  But the lady across from me has her internet with cable co. here.  Some of them switched to satellite here when our cable co. was negotiating with a certain channel in Buffalo, and they didn’t want to be without it so they switched.  We never switched and that channel was negotiated and so we get that still.    I guess the weather does affect some of the dish networks.  My DS has it, but he said it isn’t as cheap as they advertise and they find a way of getting the cost they want somehow once the introductory offer is over.  TV cable or satellite is high no matter what, but if it is your only form of entertainment it is worth the price I guess.  My DH gets fed up with it because he knows the charges and how high they are and worked in cable industry so knows the costs are inflated to fit the owners pocketbook.  Much depends on the packages the consumer chooses, too.

When my TV isn’t working I can call and have HD cable box reset from the rep. or I can unplug it and plug back in and it resets itself at no extra cost to me.

#5267835 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I have it for TV.  It’s not available here for the Internet.  We are stuck with Verizon.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5267839 Report Abuse
    shortbreadlover
    shortbreadlover
    Participant

i won’t go to dish because they require a contract for two years.  if theuir service is so good, then why do they want to lock you into a contact?  they all do this and it makes me angry.  it puts them in control of your bill and there is a huge fee to break the contract.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.