do you think we will

Home Forums Backyard Chat General do you think we will

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shortbreadlover
    shortbreadlover
    Participant

have a very hot summer?

i do. thbis year has been really warm so far and we did not have much of a winter at all. i just hope we do not have the repeat of last year when we had days and days of 100 or higher temps. we are already above average for april.

#5129902 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I have no idea… but with our winter being the coldest on record in over 40 years it will be hard to tell…We have been below normal for all of March and now for April…and they say its going to be below until May..

I really think until June… it will be cooler than normal… as for the summer I don’t care as long as its not windy…lol  We have had winds all the time.. it seems its never calm .

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5129904 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Always windy here year round.  So they say hard, cold winter means a hot summer.  We had plenty of winter, so we will see what summer brings.  So far we’ve had cool temps. and every few weeks snow!  So it may stay on the cool side.  I don’t like it real hot and windy anyway.  So if it is on the cool side, be okay by me.

#5129926 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Shortbread you must live on the West coast? It sounds like your weather is my weather! California is above normal temps for this time of year. Warm Winter=warm /hotter Summer! The 100′s are so awful!

#5129929 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

I have never figured out whether a hot, dry summer follows a nasty, bitter cold and snowy winter or if it is in reverse ….

I did hear, however, back in January, that we re to have a “”dry, dry, dry summer”" here according to the local radio farm report so I m assuming dry means “”hot, hot, hot”" …. UGH !!!

Everyone seems to be complaining about the winds in their areas and I agree !!!  I don t ever remember winds being as bad, constantly, as they have been here in the past few years.

We have AC for summer but I get tired of being cooped up all winter and then have to keep my windows closed during the summer , too.

As late as Spring has been in finally getting here, I wouldn t even say we ll have a Spring season …. I m thinking we ll go right into the hot, humid and dry conditions.

Marilyn

#5130090 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Had bathroom window open overnight and just now closed it as it is damp, gloomy out.  But fresh air at night coming in, is nice.

We have fans for summer and 1 a/c for a window.  Our fans do a better job as they bring in cool air or take hot air out.  DH hates a/c so we rarely use it.

I guess we are spoiled for the windows open and fresh air.  I can’t stand the house all shut up in the spring, summer & fall seasons.  Need the fresh air.

#5130095 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

it’s 64* here and have the patio window open for fresh air and to let the fishy odor out too!(lunch) it is windy here also but warm! Mary in KY

#5130190 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

I hope not, but then I am never right

#5130371 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I hope not!  I think it surprised everyone about how cold & severe the winter was!  So far we’ve been getting acgood bit of rain so if the rainy pattern holds despite whether or not we get too much hotter than normal weather, we should be ok here!  Just im more worried about way too much rain & big hurricanes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.