Do You Think I Handled This Correctly

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Do You Think I Handled This Correctly

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  octgal-pa 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

We were sitting on our one friends porch this morning when the other lady we walk with asked to use her bathroom.  Now this person lives right across the driveway from my friends.  I chimed in with why don’t you just go to your house – Now my friend, whose porch we were on does not like to say no – I have no problem with saying it, and to get to her bathroom you need to go into her kitchen, thru her living room, thru her bedroom and then to the bathroom.

photo signature_1.gif

#5270556 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I would have said heck the walking would do you good, since we walk every morning… use your own….but I would never have asked anyway…

You did ok…if your friend isn’t brave enough to tell her

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270562 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Umm that’s a tough call ..does she have a bladder problem that would not afforded her the walk home?  what did she end up doing ?

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5270563 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Carol, she doesn’t have any problems, she does this quite often.  I think she just likes to use a nicer bathroom than what she has.  She did walk home to use her own bathroom.  When she goes to my friends house she walks thru the wet yard and she would be tracking that all thru the house.  Sometimes I just don’t understand some people, and my friend thanked me for saying that, I am trying to get her to speak up for herself.  This same lady thinks nothing of going over to my friends house whenever she wants and helping herself to anything in the kitchen.

photo signature_1.gif

#5270564 Report Abuse
    Carol Johnson
    Carol Johnson
    Participant

Then you did right…your comment gave me a chuckle nicer bathroom then her own…LOL and didn’t her momma teach her to wipe her feet ….mine sure did and I have never forgot it ….

x_3d759b92 photo x_3d759b92.gif

#5270575 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I would have probably just kept still as long as she wasn’t asking me and it wasn’t my house anyway.  That lady needs to learn to say no and address those issues herself.   Otherwise, she will never learn to speak up for herself.

#5270577 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Well Posy, where I come from we look out for our friends, and if this friend can’t speak up for herself I am glad to to so.

photo signature_1.gif

#5270587 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Your choice

#5270611 Report Abuse

Donna R
    Participant

No, you did not handle this properly. By opening your mouth, you inserted your own opinion into an innocuous incident that was none of your business……In your above statement, you implied that your friend has a problem with saying “no”, so who are you to determine that her approval was due to your interpretation of what she was afraid to actually say? More importantly, who are YOU to speak on her behalf?????

One’s bathroom should be open to any friend or acquaintence on the premises and the fact that YOU personally took issue with this walking friend’s asking permission to use it tells me all I need to know about you. You’re likely the neighborhood nabob, know it all gossip who has the obnoxious habit of sticking their nose into everyone’s business…….

In conclusion, it was none of your business and you should have kept your mouth shut……
    Donna

#5270615 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

It is very nice to meet you Donna.  My friend has told me on numerous occasions that she does not like this, so I did not take it upon myself as you imply.  I notice that you have no problem stating your opinions about someone you don’t even know, and I find it very suspect that this is your first response on this board and you come across so negative. IMO

photo signature_1.gif

#5270630 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Tell us how you really feel, Donna.  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270635 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

Yes I think you handled it just fine. You were trying to help a friend.

I also like your response to Donna —

We need a like button on this board !!!

#5270640 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I so wish that if the ones who left, want to come back, please just do it. We miss everyone, even the ones we disagreed with.

No need to hide under a different name… just tell us who you are….

And yep everyone is still entitled to their opinion… I am glad we live in a country where we can do that..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270641 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I would say it depends on how close of friends the 3 of you are.  If close friends then no problem with your response.  If not so close I probably would have just kept quiet.  But that’s just me.  Doesn’t mean you did anything “wrong”.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270644 Report Abuse

trudy1180
    Participant

Well if this would have been me.. and I asked the friend whose house I was at “May I use your bathroom?” and the other lady who was standing next to me, who I was not speaking to nor own the house and told me that I would have turned to her and said “I am not asking you, so butt out, and again turn and ask the lady May I use YOUR bathroom. JMO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.