Do you prefer small or large breakfast, daily?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Do you prefer small or large breakfast, daily?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by shortbreadlover shortbreadlover 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I prefer a small one of coffee and toast with peanut butter and/or jelly, or a bagel, or toaster waffle with honey or maple syrup, or an English muffin with butter.  Always a refill on the coffee, too!

Just curious!

#5270242 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Small to none.  I only eat a larger breakfast if I’m at somebody else’s house & they are fixing it or if I we go out somewhere for breakfast.

In winter usually a cup of tea & some toast or a muffin or a few cookies, stuff like that.  If I’m leaving the house to go to work or run errands or something, no breakfast.

In summer, usually a glass of milk or iced tea & same toast, etc;

So far this morning it’s been iced tea only.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270251 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

I prefer my breakfast for lunch..lolol… I have a cup of raspberry cappuccino…. and then maybe a bowl of cereal.  On Sunday’s I do fix a big breakfast for me and hubby.  Eggs or pancakes, or french toast, and a sausage patty… toast with the eggs.. then we only have one meal during the day… mid-afternoon… and eat fruit, or salad or jello to fill in.

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270257 Report Abuse

trudy1180
    Participant

I do not eat breakfast. My so called breakfast is more like a brunch, anytime from 10:30 to noon. I just finished a bran muffin with a bowl of melon and it is 11:30. Now DH has to eat within a half hour of putting his feet on the floor. So he fixes his own breakfast.

#5270281 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

My breakfast is my most important meal for me.  A bowl of cereal (Hot or Cold either one); a small glass of Orange Juice to take my daily pills with and then a refill of that glass with milk.  Peanut Butter with a wee-bit of toast under it and a dab of honey on top.  A cup of black coffee later while setting in my easy chair and usually between  6:30 and 7:00 a.m.  If you look at the times you eat during the day and the hours in-between VS the hours between your Supper and your Breakfast, you will see that there is a BIG difference between supper and breakfast and doctor’s will tell you that you need to ‘re-fuel’ your body after a night of rest to get it started well.

#5270341 Report Abuse

Hiker07_IL_5
    Participant

I have to eat as soon as I come back from dropping my son off at work which is around 6:15, if I don’t I get shaky. Never eat a big breakfast though, sometimes oatmeal and a piece of toast or an egg sandwich, sometimes Cheerios.

#5270351 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

I m not a breakfast eater on a regular basis but if I do decide to eat breakfast, my favorite cold cereal is Cheerios and I love bacon, eggs and toast.  Of course, I HAVE to have my coffee as soon as my eyes are open ~~~

I do fix breakfast every morning for DH which usually consists of scrambled eggs, sausage and toast or a toasted egg, cheese and sausage sandwich .

I used to order breakfast at supper time frequently when we would go out with friends to the local truck stop but we don t do that much anymore.

Actually ~~~ Breakfast is gooooood anytime !!!!

Marilyn

#5270360 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

We have a diner here that serves breakfast all day any time.  DH loves that idea as he can always eat breakfast and prefers it over a lot of other dishes.  I like bacon/eggs/toast, but skip the pancakes.

#5270480 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

My favorite breakfast  is a BLT  with hashbrowns or chips and black coffee.  But I also like Western Omelets or Oatmeal and toast, and of course Biscuit and Gravy  either cream or chocolate gravy is good.

I like pancakes but not too fond of waffles.   Hubby says I “corrupted” him.  When we married he was happy with toast, but I introduced him to home made biscuits and now he won’t eat toast unless its Texas Toast. I just had to spoil him to my regret…..sometimes.  LOL

*  He has doubled his weight in the last 45 years.  He is 6 feet tall and only weighed 135 when we got married, but he had just came home from Viet Nam when we met.   Mom wanted to know what I saw in such a skinny man.  I said Personality!!   LOL

#5270484 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Not much of a breakfast eater, more like Gayle said!

#5270495 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

I need breakfast to start the day fueled! sundays and wednesdays are egg, mushrooms,toast tea, monday and fridays are cereal, other days,whatever i feel like.limit myself to four cups of tea during the day. Mary in KY.10.38

#5270506 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Mary, like your new avatar pic of yourself!  Great pic of you!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by margba margba.
    #5270520 Report Abuse
    bratnella_NM
    bratnella_NM
    Participant

Usually I just have toast and coffee. I love to add a couple of fried or scrambled eggs, but most of the time it’s just too much trouble (knowing I have a plate, frying pan and utensils to clean up after LOL) and I’m too hungry to take the extra time. Unless I’m having lab work done that requires fasting, I HAVE to have my breakfast.

#5270547 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

I don’t have a breakfast routine, I have a couple cookies and coffee when I read my morning printed paper, this morning after doing that I made a bowl of instant oatmeal.  I might have a banana, apple, toast or something else…..I never do the same day after day :-)

Terry

#5270706 Report Abuse

gabbygirt_oh
    Participant

Small

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.