Did you ever watch seedlings pop up?

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds Did you ever watch seedlings pop up?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by takyslaky takyslaky 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

I have been doing seed for 30+ years and have never literally seen a seedling pop up.  However this morning I had 2 tomato seedlings just starting in one flat and none in another.  2 hours later I have about a dozen seedling up in the first flat and almost as many in the second flat.  Wish I actually had time to just sit here and see one break through the soil.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5118572 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

I haven’t had time to watch but sometimes you can see them starting in the dirt and then the next hour they are up. Very cool to think that they germinate so quick.

Sandy M.

#5123779 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Same as Sandy.  I see the dirt is up a bit and an hour later there is a seedling there.  I really like how the blanket flower pops up.  This morning there was nothing there and all of a sudden there are two leaves resting on top of the soil.  So cute.  LOL  Wish it would warm up so things would grow a lot better.  However, my cuttings that I planted in fall are going wild right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.