Cooler than normal for our area for the fall…

Home Forums Backyard Chat General Cooler than normal for our area for the fall…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Weather channel put out is predictions for the fall. Sept through November.  I love the cool weather so this will be great…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5270043 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Looks the same for me in NYS.  I am close to the top line of PA state and in the orange part and the lower part of NYS line in the orange part.  So we will be cooler, too, like you.

That’s okay with me as a hot Fall always seems hotter than a 90 degree day, to me.

#5270055 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Its been a very cool summer so this doesn’t surprise me.  The leaves in back are falling.  I don’t like the real hot weather, but I would like to see some normal temps.

Carol

#5270058 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Looks like normal for us according to that map.  But this summer has already been cooler than usual here.  We’ve had a few hot spells but mostly it has stayed in the 80s (which is cool here.)  However they are saying that Aug. will be a hot month but then it always is.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270114 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Our weather forecast said the leaves turning are not sign of fall.  It is because of dryness or disease in the tree/shrub.  So I figure he knows better than me!  So we will still have summer…..it is muggy today and 80 and been raining here since 6 PM but we need it.  It downpoured for a while, but a slow rain would’ve been better for soaking in.  Will be in 70′s all week or maybe near 80.  Not sure how much rain we will have, too.

We have had a lot of 80 degree days and lots of humid stuff, too.  But no 90′s yet and that is fine with me.  70′s are a good temp. for me.

I just came in from putting cover on the gas grill and it is still raining hard.

#5270124 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Fall is my favorite time of the year ~~~ A couple of weeks ago, our local farm reporter said we are to have a wet Fall this year (about the time the farmers want to get the corn and beans in from the fields) .  I hope he s wrong because it took (even tho’ they all look very good now) the crops forever to look healthy and like the crops would turn out okay around here.

We were @ 93* yesterday for a couple of hours and that was nasty so I hope we don t have any more days like that !!!

We had thunderstorms and actual rain (1/2″) early this morning and it took until about 3 PM for the sun to finally come out.  We needed that rain as all the predictions around here have been for “”random”" showers and we never seemed to be in the “”random”" area …

I was a tad lost this evening when we could set outside and I didn t have to water ….

Marilyn

#5270222 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I love fall!  Sounds great, Sharon!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.