Chit Chat Wednesday March 12

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Chit Chat Wednesday March 12

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by skippydel13zone6KY skippydel13zone6KY 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good evening all!  So the snow is back…..yuck!  Lots of it too.  I’m just wondering if this is the last big storm, or will we get more.

All I have to say is that this was a catch up day.  I did several chores.  I hung up my curtain in the spare room which was waiting from when I had the floors sanded.  Mostly I faught with my computer.  I know I have mentioned before my problems with Photobucket.  Unbelievable.  I’m so unhappy that Google got rid of my P. account for some reason.  So today I loaded Picasa.  Well I don’t know how to post pictures from Picasa.  Should be easy…not.  I installed Picasa with Google.  Talk about a lot of mumbo jumbo.  So I am not any further ahead.

Charlene I sent you an email asking for step by step directions so I can learn to post on Picasa.  I should be able to do it by myself, but at this point my eyes are going crazy.  In the meantime my poor computer is getting overloaded with junk.  I had a difficult time erasing a site which I never even gave permission to download.  I think my computer is haunted.

How was your day?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5113962 Report Abuse
    steepdrive
    steepdrive
    Participant

No snow here, thankfully but daughter in NH is in the midst of major storm.  Estimates of 12-24 inches.

photo signature_1.gif

#5113975 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5113976 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I don’t believe it….I actually found a way to post a picture with Picasa….Now if only I’ll remember to do it again….hmmm?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5113998 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

You go girl, Stella!   It may be hard at first but once you do it you will get the knack of posting from another site.

I too have problems occasionally with photobucket, but photobucket support emailed me and I have emailed them back, for they did contact me because they have not heard from me regarding the suggestions they gave to me to resolve the issues.  I asked them where they put the suggestions for they did not come through my email.  So I asked them to provide me with a link to find them…LOL   So, I a waiting for that.  I have all my pictures with them so I hope I can get the issues resolved.  So far the only issue I have is the pictures not coming through, only question marks.  And when I click on the direct link to copy sometimes it will not respond.  I have to get out of it and start over.  The mumbo jumbo that comes up after I log out was another issue.   I hope to get it all straightened out soon.

Hello everyone.  It has been a nice sunny afternoon but cold…20 degrees which we are to plummet to single digits tonight.  We had below zero wind chills this morning so the cold is what has us at bay.  I am staying in and staying warm.  I will clean out ashes as soon as I get off of here and then when DH gets home he can bring me up some wood for the fireplace.  I plan to burn tonight to keep it nice and warm.

A lot of melting has gone on the last couple of days and I can finally see some stone in the driveway.  That sun sure helps when we have it.  I am finishing up some bathroom cleaning and then I am getting at some seeds.  I have germination now.  My tomatoes are up, and one mystery seedling has peaked through.  I am hoping for more.  I hope for better weather for everyone.  It must be getting frustrating for some, but as we know, it has been a foul winter.

Everyone take care and have a safe evening.

flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

It has snow all day and winds at times 50 miles per hour. I didn’t go to work and dd didn’t have school. Don’t  News just said it will stop at 2am. We will see in the morning. I watered my babies and putzed around for the day. My oldest dd is moving back home Saturday. I hope things have changed with her. We shall see. Stella hope you figure out picasa. Have a good evening.

Sandy M.

#5114005 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good evening!  We got hit today too, Stella.  They say we got somewhere around 7-8″ of snow.  Just east of us, DSis#3 got far less snow, but they had ice and freezing rain before they got snow.   A short time after the snow stopped here, DH noticed that someone was out snowblowing our sidewalks and driveway.  It was not the folks who usually do it (DH’s cousins who have family next door), and we have no idea who the gentleman was.  He was all bundled up and wore a mask, which made it impossible for us to make out who it was.  It was such a kind gesture and I would love to thank whoever it was.  Angels walk amongst us, don’t they?

Our family is thankful that DSis#3′s hubby is safe today.  He is a truck driver who was forced by his company to work today even though the counties he was delivering to were restricted to safety and essential personnel only.  Some of you may have seen on the evening news where there was a major pile up near Sandusky, OH involving a lot of semi trucks.  Mercifully, he was not among them, but two folks did die in that accident.  Trucking companies really need to assess weather conditions a lot better than they do for everyone’s safety.  On DH’s side of the family, we were glad to hear our DNeph who lives in Harlem, NY was not involved in the collapse of two apartment buildings there.  It was quite an eventful day at our house!  I could do without this much excitement.  ;)

DH just came in with burgers for dinner so I should go.  I hope you all have a good night and stay safe wherever you may be.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5114009 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Good evening. Cold, snow,blowing snow, lots of wind and snow. We got snow and more snow coming. There was at least a foot on the ground when I got home at 4:30 and it’s snowing much heavier now. We will have 18-20 inches before it’s done tomorrow morning.

I have no plans for tonight except to stay put and hope the plows are back before time to go back to work in the morning.
    Have a great night all.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5114027 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

I’m glad you posted, but sorry for your weather, Wendy.  I will NOT complain about my measly 7-8″ of snow now that I hear what you are getting!  YIKES!!!

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5114030 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Evening everybody.  According to the thermometer it was as warm today as yesterday but in real life, NO.  It was cloudy, damp & windy. So felt much cooler than yesterday.

I didn’t do anything in the yard as I had planned.  It started sprinkling after lunch & has rained a little off & on ever since.  If you saw my Uh-Oh post you know the weather doesn’t know what to do.   Right now still cloudy but the wind seems to have died down some.   The temperature is supposed to dro0 to 28º by the wee hrs but still in the 50s at the moment.

I took the dog for a walk & picked up my mail.  Got a catalog from 7th Avenue which I never should have opened.  Saw several things in there I would like for the yard.

I did call my Electric Company about the meter check results & it is working properly.  Which I figured it was.  She did tell me that my consumption on the coming bill is less than the last two months.  That bill will be for the month of Jan. which was the month I rec. the $400+ bill & decided to cut the heat back, & be more conscious of any waste.  I guess it helped.  (I haven’t seen the new bill yet so don’t know how much)

Spent some time working on the storage chest.  Covering one side at a time & letting it dry really well before moving on to the next part.

Stella, could there be something going on with your computer?  Have you run a Virus check?  I used to use Picassa & I stopped using it but I don’t remember why.  They changed something about editing the pictures maybe ?

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5114040 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sandy, I forgot to tell you; I’m glad your daughter is coming home.  I know you are too.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5114091 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Stella I find Picasa the easiest to use. I tries Tiny Pic, P.B., Snapfish and Kodak and ended up stayong with Picasa because of the ease of it. Alao on Picasa you can just copy and paste the picture to here.

Sandy and Wendy I am sorry about your weather and if you go to work tomorrow please be careful. I can’t complain about our weather lately, it has been okay to beautiful out there.

Sandy I am happy to here that your daughter is coming home and I pray that all goes well.

Worked today 10 hours and it was tough going for a while. I could not sleep last night and the last time I looked at the clock it was a little after 3 am and my alarm went off at 4:15. Needless to say I will be in bed by 10 tonight.

G. nephew is doing good and should be able to come home in a few days. He will have to stay home from school for at least 2 weeks while skull is healing.

IT guy at work had my computer running 2 days and nights straight checking everything out. So far he found a couple of issues with the hard drive but got those taken care of but wanted to continue with all the testing. I should be able to bring it home tomorrow.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5114156 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Good night all, I went to Aldi’s at lunch and it was 57 and by the time I went out for evening break 37 and snowing.  Rain this morning so it stuck to the tree. Nothing like you all up north, I’d be homebound and say forget going to work and I SO want to say that. LOL  No taking off unless I’m really sick for a few months. Family of Four texted they are in a bad way and got kicked out of the hotel, hate that for you.  Oldest godson texted did you send me a money order (NO). I’m about done with the whole messed up crew but will pray for their kids tonight. Steve’s sister came in and besides running to the grocery (no meat, Walmart is remodeling the meat department) and dumping stuff from the fridge (no cleaning it) and putting up my stuff, visiting with Steve and his sister who is going to the doc in case they shock his heart tomorrow, feeling bad my dogs haven’t had interaction with human beings, I’m whooped.  I’d invite a snow storm to stay home tomorrow. LOL

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.