Chit Chat Sunday Feb. 23, 2014

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Chit Chat Sunday Feb. 23, 2014

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by luvmyb_b luvmyb_b 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good evening all.  Can’t make a comment on the weather as I stayed the entire day indoors.  The sun was out, but that’s all I know.

Talk about a mega job.  If you ever think of doing your floors….think twice.  My body says never again.  I just can’t believe all that entails in that kind of undertaking.  What I thought was a lot of work removing everything from 3 bedrooms….well let me tell you.  The living room with heavy furniture was the ultimate.  DS#2 and DIL removed the heavy stuff.  The crystal glasses and porcelaine dishes had to be taken out….way too many.

I got up this morning because I could not sleep in the reclining chair.  What a night.  I did get to watch the hockey game at 7 AM.  The closing ceremonies were nice.  I glanced every few minutes as I was working in the living room.

Tomorrow they will sand the living room area and entrance.  Looks like both Zorro and I will have to relocate…LOL.

How was your Sunday?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5100777 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

I came home from church, changed my clothes, checked the greenhouse then did absolutely Nothing all afternoon until Wendy called and talked me through how to post pictures. Now if I can read my writing I may be able to post a picture tomorrow morning. Stella I don’t envy you the chore of moving all of that furniture and “stuff” then having to clean up the mess and put everything back again. I keep saying I am going to get rid of a lot of my “treasures” but so far they are all still here.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5100784 Report Abuse
    flowerpowerz5
    flowerpowerz5
    Participant

Good evening all. I transplanted for quite of few hours. Why did I start so many snapdragons and petunias??? Next year I will remember to be not so heavy handed with the seeds. I went down to the basement and the duct work is all nicely taped up and I didn’t want to mess with it so I’m going to borrow the shop vac from work and suck it out that way. Knowing how things are going around here at home I don’t want any more problems. Other than that finished my book and played on the computer. Have a good evening.

Sandy M.

#5100786 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Stella-Sounds like the chaos of our remodeling job.  It’s not just doing the job, it’s all the work to prep and then clean up after too.  I feel your pain, both mentally and physically!!

After 2 days of painting my shoulders are stiff and my legs are tired.  Of course, I’m not real smart and always work bare foot.  Standing on tiles and step stools takes a toll.  I forget I’m not quite as young as I used to be!  But, the good news is the painting is done, the lights are all installed, and dh is going to grout the floor tonight.

Work tomorrow then conferences after work.  Won’t get home til after 6.  : (

Hoping to get to sit and relax this evening.  Gotta get organized for work first.  Have a great night!

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5100800 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good evening everyone.  We had a very relaxing Sunday.  DGS left about 10am.  I then returned the house back to normal (the old people look).  I did a little transplanting and started another tray of seeds.  I have to thank Wendy for that….lol…looking at what she had already transplanted reminded me of things I hadn’t planted yet.  Of course, I need to remember that she is 2 zones warmer than me.

Stella…I understand completely why you chose the water based varnish…and i did not mean to upset you.  I also realize that when I 1st used the water based, it was new on the market.  I am sure it has improved a lot since then.  I love the look of newly varnished wood….I bet your bedrooms are beautiful.  It is probably a smart move to get out for a day or 2 for both of you.

Molly….I saw that you had posted a pic….good for you!  Wendy is just great at explaining things, isn’t she?  What a great person to have on our board!

Sandy…the shop vac is probably a smart choice.  I sure hope it gets the job done for you!

Melissa….I also am always barefoot and I am old enough to know better….lol.  Painting doesn’t usually make me sore unless it is ceilings…and then I ache for days!  I also look forward to pics of your new bathroom.  With 4 kids, I know you will be happy when it is finished.

I have a huge pot of Chicken noodle soup cooking right now.  I will freeze 1/2 of it.  The way the weather looks, it will be soup weather well into March.  (insert sad face)  LOL

Have a good evening everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5100812 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good evening!  Today was the last of our “normal” February weather days.  Beginning tomorrow, we are going to get bone-chillingly cold again.  I think I saw where two of our upcoming days will have high temps in single digits.  At least two of the days will have low temps below zero again.  I just have nothing new to say about any of that.  It wouldn’t do any good to complain anyway, so I will just leave it at the facts as they have been presented by the meteorologists.

I didn’t get any seeds started today, but am right there ready to go in the morning.  The table is up.  The seed starting mix is dampened and the seeds are in their respective containers.  All I need to do in the morning is fill the containers with the seed starting mix and add the seeds.  I will have to also check on my lights to see if I need to get new bulbs this year.  I usually have to buy at least one bulb each year.  I wish I had gotten more accomplished but such is life.  I did make Waldorf salad and mashed potatoes to go with the pork loin DH put in the slow-cooker this morning.  That has to count for something, right?  Considering that I cut back on my pain meds for the weekend, I think I didn’t do too badly today.

Hope you all had a good day!

PilgrimIndiansiggy photo PilgrimIndiansiggy.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.