Chit Chat Sunday Aug 17

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Chit Chat Sunday Aug 17

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good late afternoon!  Wow….no rain!  Could summer be over?  Like what the heck!!!!  It’s not very warm. Good day to work outdoors, but I feel bad for those who have swimming pools and can’t use them.

My morning went smoothly.  How could it not….I was in slow mode.  Then I decided it was time to move my $##$#.  I mowed both front and back lawns.  Then it was the usual activity….weeding.  I also trimmed one of my roses.  When I looked closer at the lupin plant next tot he rose, it was covered in aphids.  Last year the side of the house had them, but not the front.  This year it’s the front and the side did not have even one aphid.

I checked to see if there were any Japanese Beetles….only about a dozen.  Last year my tropical hibiscus was covered in them.  I think I might be on to something.  They showed up early this year.  Most were located on the blooms in pairs.  Guess what they were doing.  Well it did not happen.  I got every single one of them.  No procreation…no eggs.  So now I know how to get rid of them without using chemicals…..Just nip it in the bud!  Let’s just say the last gang that I found this afternoon…..is no more.  Let’s see how many I get next year.  If this works, then it will be the only way to get them all.  The secret is to get them right away before there is too much hanky panky.

I am also spending quality time with my kitty.  He really needs a lot of affection after the trauma he went through.  Guess the people did not realize he has CH….or maybe they did and did not want him.

How was your day?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5275070 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good evening to you Stella and all who follow.

I am sitting outside with my nightly cup of coffee. It was hot today but right it is nice with a cool breeze. I will be heading to bed soon because I am whooped. I laid padding and carpet with the carpet being jute back so had to stretch it using my feet and a 2 x 4. It took be almost 6 hours and I am so sore. It was for the bedroom so now I can get my bed put up in there. After sleeping on a rollaway for a year I am looking forward to my bed again.

Have a good night.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5275078 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good evening Stella and Kathy…and anybody else if they stop by.  I am often the last to post on the evening chit chat.

We did manage to get the house cleaned today….3 loads of laundry…plus lots of garden chores.  DH’s pickup is full of deadheaded blooms.

DD and DGS were by for a couple of hours today (DGS is the one that turned 14 yesterday).  We wanted to meet up with him on his birthday, but he was busy with friends in a bean bag tournament.  It didn’t surprise me….14 is the age when they become more involved with friends and other interests….Grandma has to take the back seat for a while…lol.  He LOVED his cake today and thrilled with the money in the card.  Since he is the one with Asberger autism, we are all happy that he has become so social!

Stella….sounds like you had a busy day once you kicked her into gear….lol.  What is CH in a cat?

Kathy….glad to see you posting and so happy you are there….FINALLY!  I know how difficult it is laying carpet, but I bet it looks nice.

Have a great evening everyone.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5275100 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Kathy, no wonder you were pooped after laying the carpet.  These jute-back carpets are heavy.  ‘Bonne nuit’….goodnight in French…in your bed!

Charlene, I’m sure my turn will come when my grandchildren will not have as much time for me as they do now.

Charlene, CH is a disease that is transmitted by the mother while she is pregnant.  It’s a cerebral malfunction.  There are degrees of this problem.  Some cats can’t walk….some have minor effects.  My kitten has, thank goodness, a lighter effect.  You can see that his head is bobbing slightly……not constantly, but when he gets up you can see it more.    The good thing is that it’s not progressive.  I’m hoping that when his neck gets bigger/thicker, it might help. I joined a club for CH cats.  If you would see what this horrible disease can do for some you would not stop crying.  Yet the people who kept them instead of putting them to sleep  must be saints.

I will be worried until he has to be neutered.  The vet said that they will have to monitor him more during the operation.  I just hope he pulls through.  In the meantime we are bonding.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5275105 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good evening everybody.  Nothing special to tell you.  I ran errands this morning & lazed around the rest of the day.  Kathy so glad you are moved in now.

My carpet in the LR needs to be stretched for the 2nd time since they installed it 5 yr. ago.  It has just a slight ripple in one spot that probably nobody but me notices.  I’m considering doing it myself but afraid I might make matters worse.  How did you do yours by use of the 2×4?

My DH & I put carpet down one time & I remember he rented something called a carpet kicker.

I had the same problem in the BR.  They came back & stretched it & then back a 2nd time.  The 2nd guy cut off a strip about 1/2″ wide & the 1st guy didn’t do that.  #2 said that is why it needed to be done again.  I guess he was right because I haven’t had any more problems with it in that room.   I’m guessing the same thing needs to be done in the LR.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.