Chit Chat Monday Aug 11

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Chit Chat Monday Aug 11

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Gayle Gayle 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Good evening all!  ”feeling hot, hot, hot”……..it sure is.  Thank goodness for air conditioners.

My plans for the day changed completely.  Due to the heat, I decided to stay home.  I got a lot done….my laundry, water flower beds, prepared dinner, etc.

I saw my first woolly worm and it was almost completely black.  Does that mean we are going to have a hard winter?  I think we did have a thread on the subject, but I forgot the answer.  So far not one Monarch.  All those milkweed and butterfly bushes are just growing and growing without too many visitors.  The only residents on the milkweed are spiders…and boy are there lots of them.

I’m having some interesting results with all those lilies I planted along my neighbor’s new fence.  They must have been made into hybrids.  Many of the lilies are a deep blood red/auburn this summer….strange.

How was your day?

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5272727 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Hot also, stayed at home until right now that DH wants to go after Dr.Phil’s program on a near death alcoholic Surviver’s winner, to Barnes and Noble (bookstore), there you can have coffee and pastry, etc…and read, read, read…My allergies pretty awful..Enjoyed the big moon last night it was soooo bright, that I was not prepared to set the camera right…   Bye

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5272780 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

It was cloudy all day so I got a lot done outside. Ran the weed eater in several areas, pulled all of the cleome because the stink bugs got on them. They do this every year but it is ok, they bloomed for a long time. I was so sad to see my Kong Coleus had mealy bugs on them so I had to get the alcohol and q-tips out and get rid of them. Pulled a lot of weeds, but there are many more waiting to be done. Still haven’t figured out what the problem is with the mower so tomorrow I will see if I can get the repair man to come and look at it. Just had some supper so now I am going to chill out for awhile before I hit the hay.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5272785 Report Abuse
    llittleeva9NWIlZn5
    llittleeva9NWIlZn5
    Participant

I have seen a couple of the little guys (wooly worms) and they are the multicolored kind, but very skinny.

Eva

#5272789 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Good evening Stella and ill and all who follow.  I am glad Stella that you had a productive day.  I wish I could have prepared dinner but this is what my kitchen looks like right now…

My stove is behind there and so is the coffee pot and my carpet guy needs to finish seaming and installing the carpet tomorrow morning, so I will be dinged if I am gonna crawl over all that stuff for a cup of coffee in the morning.  I can get to the cupboard on the opposite side for my instant coffee and I can squeeze through beside the dry sink to get a cup and some water out of the fridge and then to the microwave  to heat up the water for coffee.  Good lord what a mess…LOL.

My Livingroom and new carpet.  It is just a bit lighter color than what I had torn out.  It is a much tighter weave and does have a pattern that you cannot see in the picture here.

My new natural stone tile being put in next to the fireplace.  That is Al our carpet man who is also a good friend of ours and has been for many years.

It matches the carpet really well…Mediterranean Beige Travertine is the tile color.  My carpet color is called Fieldstone.  Poor Al was sweating already and I had the AC on too.  It was a humid sunny morning, but that changed quickly after Al left for the day.

This was my day today.  I am pooped and I have to get up early and try to get some coffee made.  No breakfast again until near noon, for that is when Al will finish the job.  And he thought he was going to have the Livingroom and Bedroom done in one day….NOT!

It rained for the first time since mid-July today and well after 5pm.  I was hoping for an all night rain.  We have had no rain since last month and we only got an inch back then.  We need a couple of soaker days right now.

I hope you all had a good day.

#5272803 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Good evening everyone. Not much happening here. We are having a gentle rain right now and it is supposed to continue throughout the night. It was great not to have to water tonight.

Stella, there is always something waiting to be done isn’t there? I can’t remember either about the woolies.

ili, hope you enjoyed your reading time as well as coffee and pastries.

Molly, hope your mower is an easy fix. You had a busy day as well.

Waving to Eva….hi there.

Julie, I don’t think I could handle having my house upside down like that. It will look great once it is all done.

Hello to anyone that follows.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5272805 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Good evening.

Nothing much to say but wanted to stop in and say “hey” to everyone.

I have 2 bedrooms, the dining room and the kitchen all cleaned. It took almost 24 hours to get the kitchen cleaned to my satisfaction. I still have the living room, a bedroom and the bathroom to get done by Friday night. The bedroom is the one I will be sleeping in and I need to lay the new carpet before my bedroom furniture arrives Saturday. Son can’t believe I am using the old bedroom instead of the big new bedroom but all I do is sleep in that room and I spend most of my time  in the computer room so that is what I am using the new bedroom for.

Gayle this is not the house my oldest son and I owned together. That house and yard is way too big for me to manage myself and that is why I signed my half over to him as a wedding gift when he finally got married at the age of 40. The house I am moving into is my youngest son’s. They bought a new and bigger house so I will live in this one until my death, Lil.

Have a great night.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5272806 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

Good evening.  Well, we finally got our rain!  It is estimated that we got at least 3″ in our area.  One weather guy said that at noon, and I believed him then.  At 5pm or so, a different guy said that was our total at that time.  I’m more inclined to believe the first guy.  More rain may find its way into our neck of the woods tomorrow also.  It will be all we get for a while, so I am going to be very thankful for it no matter how much we get.

I’m still in a daze of sadness about Robin Williams.  DH and I just loved to watch him improvise in his interviews.  DSis#4 was a huge fan of Mork and Mindy when she was a kid.  That coupled with a play on her name caused me to nickname her “Nanoo”.  She’s a 45 yr. old woman that is referred to by a phrase made popular by an alien more than 35 yrs. ago.  ;)  I wish Robin’s poor tortured soul peace!  He sure made me laugh through the years.

I believe I have about had it with today.  I’m heading for bed soon.  I hope you all had a good day!  Loved hearing Charlene’s news.  Today was certainly a good day in her home.

SantaandbabyJesuschristmas photo SantaandbabyJesuschristmas.jpg
    Karen
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5272814 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Good evening everyone….yes, today was an especially good Monday!  I got my good news….plus it just started raining a few minutes ago (just a slight drizzle).  It is not in the forecast….and probably won’t amount to much….but that drizzling noise should put me right to sleep.

Julie….wow….I do not envy you, but it will be short lived.  I love your new carpet and tile.

Melissa….hello there if you read this!  I read where you made it home and are busy canning and freezing.  So glad you had a good time.  We found a couple of things in the loveseat that I think may belong to the girls.  I will send you an email about it.

I also was shocked about the news of Robin Williams….we enjoyed him in so many movies.  Dh’s favorite is Mrs. Doubtfire and I think mine is RV…..no suspense, killings, or deep plots, but certainly lots of laughs.  I also used to watch Mork and Mindy.  That’s been a few years ago, but I sure remember nanoo, nanoo….lol.  Suicide is such a sad thing, isn’t it?

I just wanted to check in here before lumbering off to bed.  I need to get the dishwasher going and finish folding a load of laundry, and I will be history for the night….see you all in the morning.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5272854 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Good evening everybody.  I think we were all a little shocked to hear about Robin Williams today.

On the brighter side, we were all happy to hear Charlene’s good news.

I didn’t do a lot today.  Just wasn’t in the mood.  Slept late & missed water aerobics.  Filled bird feeders & HB feeders; made some new HB food up.  Probably won’t be doing that much longer.

I did clear out the daylily bed along the side of the house, but that was about it.  Sat in the screen room for a while this afternoon & read.   Just a lazy kind of day.  Work tomorrow.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.