Just thinking and talking

Home Forums Backyard Chat Fun and Games Just thinking and talking

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by margba margba 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

well, we were supposed to get RAIN, but it didn’t get here yet.  I fertilized my yard so I hope we get something.  At least we’re not going to get LUV’s snow!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Lizzie Lizzie.
    #5126863 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

You can have our rain… 2″ just today so far and another 1 to 2 coming over night… lake is rising fast… and everything is flooded…. back drive and yard is flooded too..

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5126889 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

CatsBirds, sounds like you have a mess there……………………

#5126895 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

It’s getting messy Posy…. rain has stopped for awhile… but its all mud and water now…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5126914 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I am so tired of so much lousy weather!  Sorry you are flooded there, Sharon!  It rained yesterday morning, then a break, then last night late, & th en a break, now raining again into tomorrow!  So sick of it all!  First all the danged snow & ice, now all the daggone rain!  How about some NICE weather for a change, Lord?  Sheesh!

#5127064 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

wow Sharon–that’s a lot of rain.  We did get rain, and it rained HARD, about an inch.  But it stopped at nighttime.  I am so glad it wasn’t snow though like in Minnesota.  I think if it had been, I would’ve sat down and cried.  Hope your water levels go down today.

#5127575 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

This morning it’s cold and damp and not going to get very warm–barely a high of 48º today.  Oh well, we did have a few nice days this past week.  Today will be a day to stay in and drink tea I guess.

#5127601 Report Abuse
    appleK
    appleK
    Participant

Sounds like here….guess I’ll do some more sewing!

#5127977 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

Today the sun is shining and going to 58º–sounds like a nice spring day in the making.  My daffodils and tulips are growing fast–will be nice to see them bloom.

#5128043 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I finally saw some daffs & crocuses here! Nice but cool day here, too! Yep, tulip & hyacinth time now, then all the rest unless a heavy frost comes, which I hope not!  Turned down my heat today finally but stilll cold at night!

#5128916 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

well, it went to 59º here today but was real windy–marg, my daffs are up but not blooming yet

#5128923 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I have never been so excited to see a daff or crocus in my life!   Lol!   Lizzie, why not cut a few to bring inside?  I also never saw crocuses blooming so late!  Do you ever see a bunch of crocuses spelling “IT’S SPRING”!  Love that kind  of thing!

#5129536 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

well, because they’re not blooming yet!  Today it’s going to 69º and SUNNY, SUNNY, SUNNY!!!!!!

#5130181 Report Abuse
    Lizzie
    Lizzie
    Participant

gee is today different from yesterday–today is cold and rainy and dreary and a “stay in the house” kind of day

maybe spring will come back tomorrow

#5130741 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Very nice here today!  In the 70s. Evefyone’s working in their gardens working on them!  I think it’s too early yet.  Could still be frost or snow for a few more wks.  If you do a whole lot of weeding right now, weeds will be back again in a month.  Of course, you can always clear twigs & branches, mulch.  Just I wouldnt do much planting yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.