Charlene ~ Persian Shield -sandy K.

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Charlene ~ Persian Shield -sandy K.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sandy K. Sandy K. 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

I  see you posted a picture of Persian Shield . Do you get it at a nursery or grow it from seed ? If from seed where can I  find it ? I know it’s an annual and I just love the colors , foliage shape .

Curious minds really need to know lol. 

Sandy K. 

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5100748 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Sandy I bought mine at a nursery.  I’ve never seen seed for it but that doesn’t necessarily mean there isn’t any.  We’ll see what Charlene says.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5100857 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I also brought mine at a nursery, kept it thru the winter one year, had flowers on it, then a early frost and lost it.  :(    Waiting to hear from Charlene.

Carol

#5100862 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I bought mine at a nursery 3 years ago….never able to find seeds.  It is easy to take cuttings in the fall (root fast like coleus just in water)….so that is what I have done.

Carol…mine has never bloomed….if it had you know I would have been searching for seeds….lol.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5100867 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Charlene,  I couldn’t find any seeds, my husband who is the seed collector also looked and couldn’t find any.  The flowers were very small and delicate.  Come spring, that’s one thing I will be looking for.

Carol

#5100900 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Mine didn’t bloom either.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5100905 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Thank you Ladies .I guess I will need to make a call into the green house up town to see if they carry it . Let me know also if you figure out the seeds . 

Sandy K

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.