Charlene — About Your Tiger Lilies

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat Charlene — About Your Tiger Lilies

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Stelios Stelios 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

They are finally blooming.  What’s it been 3 yr, maybe?  Jan sent me some at the same time & hers have buds.  Will bloom shortly.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Gayle Gayle.
    #5264060 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

YAY!  I am so happy that they are blooming for you, Gayle.  I do think it has been about 3 yrs….patience is a virtue!  Once they are established, you will have many more in the near future.  Not that they are invasive, but I do pull up many each year.  They are one plant that deadheading doesn’t control it because the seed are up and down the stalk….they start reseeding before they bloom!

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264070 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

And you can see some of the seed on the stem of the plant in the pictures.  Nice blooms Gayle.

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Fun memories with the brown powder. Came in on our faces one summer. Mother not too happy – but we all survived.

Nice pix – and they do take time – the first time – but they age up while you aren’t looking.

They are powerful and pretty! Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5264101 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

You are right, Alma….we would come in the house with brown and yellow on our faces.  Our Mom knew that we had been “sniffing” the Tiger Lilies and the asiatic lilies….LOL.  I have stains on my clothes from both!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264124 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Oh, I already have babies.  These are in my back corner.  What I used to call my Dead Corner because nothing would grow there.  Not the case anymore.  Another example of patience is a virtue.  I plant on letting these fill that corner up.  Along with a few other Lilies that are now growing there.  Funny thing is I found some babies in another bed this year half way across the yard.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264195 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Gayle…you will find them everywhere….the birds eat those berries and “deposit” them where they so choose.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264216 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Gayle, those are beautiful.  For some reason I have not seen them around here for a long time.  Would not mind trying them out.  I will check at the garden center.

Stella
    Community Team Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.