Cauliflower Fried Rice

Home Forums Backyard Chat Food Cauliflower Fried Rice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by wilderness_NY_Z4 wilderness_NY_Z4 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

If your watching your weight, you can cut some calories by using cauliflower instead of rice to make fried rice. I liked it.

Cauliflower Fried Rice
    Serves: 4

• - 3 cups of raw grated cauliflower (use a cheese grater or food processor)
    • - ½ cup frozen peas
    • - ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
    • - 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
    • - ½ cup onion, diced
    • - ½ TBSP olive oil (I used mix of olive oil and sesame oil)
    • - 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites) scrambled
    • - 3 TBSP low sodium soy sauce

1. In a large pan, saute garlic and onions in olive oil on a medium/high heat, until onions become soft and transparent. (about 2-3 minutes)
    2. Next add in peas, and carrots and cook until carrots begin to soften and peas are heated through, about 3-4 minutes
    3. Next stir in scrambled eggs , cauliflower and soy sauce. Cook stirring frequently for about 5-7 more minutes.
    4. Enjoy adding in your favorite protein and veg. Possible add-ins: baby corn, broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, water chestnuts, chicken, tofu, and shrimp!

#5146070 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

This one too!

#5147318 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Del that sounds good.  Nice to see someone posting here.  I try to stop in and read but don’t have any great ideas for new things.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.