Calling All DIYers: Enter the Birdfeeder and Birdhouse Contest!

Home Forums Birding Feeding Birds Calling All DIYers: Enter the Birdfeeder and Birdhouse Contest!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Judith Judith 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Hey folks… I KNOW some of you build some pretty great birdhouses and feeders. Birds & Blooms has a contest going right now that’s perfect for you! Check out the page below and learn how you can win up to $1000 dollars! I would love for the grand prize winner to be someone from our Community, wouldn’t you? Help me spread the word!

http://www.birdsandblooms.com/creative-birdhouse-feeder-contest/

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5117574 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

We do have the perfect candidate to enter and win this contest….and he is right here in Gardening.  I am a little partial, but that person is my brother, Lair.  He makes the most beautiful birdhouses.  He makes replicas of homes.  He has made many beautiful birdhouses.

Here is one example……this is a picture of our home.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And here is a picture of the Birdhouse he made for me…done to scale with great detail

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5117593 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Charlene, I thought of that immediately. I hope you mentioned the contest to him.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5117607 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

I agree Lair is the man, does amazing work.

Carol

#5117641 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

I’m not so sure I’m the one.  From looking over the contest rules I think they want something more ”Folksy”  More like a feeder made out of something you would recycle and not something made from sheet material with lots of tools. Lair

#5117673 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Lair, the contest is open to all….no matter what material.  You could use left over boards which would qualify as used material….hmmm.  Yes, you must add your birdhouse (s) to the competition list.  I’ve seen the ones you made and they are beautiful.  You would be a shooooooooo-in to win.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5131413 Report Abuse
    WayesHomeAccessory
    WayesHomeAccessory
    Participant

The Coca-cola bird house is really interesting!

Waye's Home Accessory Superstore

#5136302 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Charlene, you have a lovely home and yard!   Lair, you did a great job on the birdhouse.   

Hmmm,  I was just thinking.  Wouldn’t an all metal birdhouse  (the tea kettle) be too hot for the birds?  Sometimes we have 100+ temps.   I guess it would depend on where you live and if you hung it in a big shady area.

in BYC  Cliff (Nickle98)  has also made some lovely birdhouse and birdfeeders he should enter a photo too!    

Good luck to Lair and NN8  if they decide to enter.

#5136307 Report Abuse
    Tennduckie
    Tennduckie
    Participant

Go for it !! enter the contest … great work !!

#5140059 Report Abuse
    Lair
    Lair
    Participant

I did enter and way before the dead line on the 15th of April.  So far no news or even a conformation if they got my entry.  I think they forgot they have this contest going and the deadline came and went over 2 weeks ago.  Lair

#5289056 Report Abuse
    Judith
    Judith
    Participant

I don’t  know if this contest is even going on anymore but I am posting my birdhouse anyway. I used a pre-made unfinished birdhouse I bought from a craft store. I cut the wine corks in half and with a glue gun I attached them to the bird house. The roof corks were from a certain wine that has black corks so I sliced those like coins and added them for the roof tiles. When I took this pic I had not added the perch at the opening yet.

Judith Barnett
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/67369030@N00/sets/72157622571845839/
    http://www.pbase.com/pooh4jvn/birds

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Judith Judith.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.