Bumblebees and Monarchs!

Home Forums Gardening Bugs and Butterflies Bumblebees and Monarchs!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by dena1123 dena1123 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Two subjects that should be addressed.  In our newspaper there was an article from Washington that cultivated honeybees are harming wild bumblebees.  There are certain parasites that are creating a dangerous situation.  Anyone have more detail on the subject?

I hope that our heads of both countries and Mexico take into consideration that the trees in Mexico (home for Monarchs), and the pipeline route ,which along with it milkweeds grow, will   be left untouched.  That is the way the Monarchs feed themselves when flying north.

Everywhere we read something is disturbing nature.  I’m not a fanatic, but I am seriously beginning to worry for our flying wonders.

Stella
    Community Team Member

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by Stelios Stelios.
    #5109712 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Stella

I vaguely remember reading a story about that.  If I remember, it was some kind of virus stemming from the cultivated Honeybees that started spreading to Bumblebees.

I know there is a great importance of keeping those Honeybee Hive environments clean and disinfected as a way to eradicate and help stop the spread.

We as humans, need to be very diligent and responsible through preserving or conservation our environment!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.