Bread Recipes

Home Forums Backyard Chat Food Bread Recipes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by carross carross 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hopscotch
    Participant

Fresh Strawberry Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cooking spray 2 9/5 loaf pans

3-4 cups chopped fresh strawberries           1 tsp baking soda       1 cup sugar                                      1 1/4 cups vegetable oil or 3/4 cups oil and 1/2 cup applesauce                                                          3 1/8 cups flour             4 eggs, beaten           1 tsp cinnamon     1 tsp nutmeg                                       1 tsp salt             1 1/4 cup chopped pecans, if desire

Put chopped strawberries in large bowl, sprinkle with sugar                                                             Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.  Mix well.  Blend oil and eggs into strawberries.  Add dry mix half at a time to wet and mix well.  Then add pecans, if using.  Pour into loaf pans.  Bake 45 to 50 minutes, using a tester in each loaf to see if done.  I had to bake mine an additional 10 minutes.  Let cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and let finish cooling.  They may still be a little soggy, but will firm up as they cool.

Sweet Potato Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cooking spray 2 9/5 loaf pans.

Peel and cut up 2 medium sweet potatoes.  It’s supposed to end up being 2 cups mashed, but sometimes, I only have one cup and a half, or somewhat over 2 cups.  Works either way.  When ready, drain, let cool somewhat and mash.

Place 3 1/2 cups flour – I use 2 cups white flour and 1 1/2 cups wheat flour in medium bowl.  Add 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp nutmeg,  Mix together.

Place 2 cups sugar in large bowl.  Add 1 cup vegetable oil and mix well.  Add 4 beaten eggs, and mix well again.  Add 1/2 dry mix and 2/3 cup water to wet mixture and mix until dry mix is wet.  Add 1/2 dry mix and 2/3 cup water and mix till wet again.   Add mashed sweet potatoes.   Pour into loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.  Let cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out on rack and finish cooling.

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by  hopscotch.
    #5269252 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Yumm they both sound wonderful. Too bad our strawberry season is already over but I will save it for next year. Thanks Leroy

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5269448 Report Abuse
    carross
    carross
    Participant

Thank you Leroy, Going to save them also.  will look for some strawberries.

Carol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.