Birds here this morning

Home Forums Birding Your Bird Stories (aka Bird Tales) Birds here this morning

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Posynut_NY_zone4 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

As I am sitting here watching the feeders I am just started counting all the birds that were here…

Grackles, red-wings, cowbirds, tufteds, nuthatches, goldfinches, starlings, blue jays, cardinals, house finches, American tree sparrows, house sparrows, downies, red-bellieds, mourning doves, juncos, song sparrows, white-crowned sparrows, a Canada goose on the lake, well on the ice, and a chickadee…. wow.. full house….

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5114384 Report Abuse
    birdbug
    birdbug
    Participant

Hi Sharon !

Sounds like you’ve got lots of feathered friends visiting you in your backyard this morning !!!

Although we only got 2 inches of snow it’s extremely cold & windy today.

Today was trash day so I cleaned out the fridge and threw out some leftovers to the birds. The Crows enjoyed some sweet Italian sausages & blueberry muffins…plus the sunflower seeds, peanuts and bread that I also threw out onto the snow.

I’ve seen Chickadees, Tufted titmouse, nuthatches, mourning doves, a group of Seagulls (way too big, don’t like ‘em at all !), Blue jays, starlings, red wing blackbirds, juncos and of course house sparrows (probably have other types of sparrows but they all look alike to me ! LOL)

Have a great day….I’m off to visit Richard at the hospital. Will post an update later tonight !

Hugs !

Mary Ann (Birdbug)

#5116003 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Just mourning doves and bluejays this morning at feeder.  Juncos ground feeding and pesky starlings/grackles I keep scaring away when I see them.  They have eaten a lot of my suet if they can reach it and they are good at stretching.  If I let the food dwindle down they will leave and find a corn field with some bare spots I am hoping.

#5118748 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I heard a woodpecker pecking in a tree somewhere this morning.  It is hard to tell where the pecking is coming from.  With the woods all around and the trees in the yards they could be most any place.  We have a lot of woodies here daily at the suetfeeders.

I like to watch them, but makes me wonder where they are pecking so loud and clear.  I read one time where they usually peck in a dead tree, but not sure if that is really true or not.  I have never happened to see one when it was doing that in the tree.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.