Bird Quiz #6

Home Forums Birding What is this bird? Bird Quiz #6

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by ili Z.9 ili Z.9 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

OK, folks. Last time I only had 2 guesses (but one was right!), so hopefully this time there is a bigger turn out. Here is this week’s quiz:

This bird was photographed in May in Ohio.
    <p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

www.birdsofohio.webnode.com

#5099705 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Junior…can you let us know when you will post the answer? I want to let others guess first.

Thanks,

Linda Z

#5099732 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Sorry Junior, I really have no clue as to what bird this is.  I keep studying the picture and think well, looks like a Robin type build, then I look at it again maybe a warbler, then well forget it…  I am clueless..  LOL!  Can’t wait for the result…

#5099737 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

I will probably post the answer around Monday or Tuesday.

#5099781 Report Abuse
    njeagle7
    njeagle7
    Participant

‘Off Topic’, a bit…or, maybe, not…

Junior…do you still have your own ‘Bird Forum’ on your website?

Seems to me ‘Birds n Blooms’ Forums no longer ‘caters’ to ‘Birds and Blooms’…..I am thinking about ‘migrating’ to a more ‘Bird Friendly’ forum, such as you had, before.

~Annie in NJ~  aka jerseytweeter at…

http://www.youtube.com/user/jerseytweeter/videos?view=0&flow=grid

#5099838 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Annie…just wanted to say “Please don’t go!” I have always enjoyed your posts and especially your photos (as I have never taken a good photo of a bird….ever!)

I think this forum is getting better…what with the games, etc. Please hang in here a while…we need you.

(by the way…I know that your nickname is N. J. eagle…but I started out thinking of you as “Na jeegle”…and still do…so Good Morning to najeegle! LOL)

#5099966 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

Hi, Annie. Unfortunately I don’t still have that forum. It just wasn’t used enough to be worth it. If I new I could make a go of it I would try it again, but I just don’t think that I’d be able to get enough people to become regulars on it.

#5100137 Report Abuse
    njeagle7
    njeagle7
    Participant

Hi, Narnian…thank you for your ‘words of encouragement’. I have always enjoyed your postings, too. It would be very difficult for me to leave ‘Birds and Blooms’. I’ve been a member here, since 2006 when Reiman owned it. That forum was really anitquated – no pics and a chat box that would ‘pop-up’. Boy, did I have a hard time with that…most the time I deleted my own posts, by accident. The problem I’m having with this new forum is navigating around…I’ll post something, come back the next day, and don’t remember where I was.  :)

I tried to change my nickname when Readers Digest took over, for something easier. In the beginning I chose ‘njeagle7′ to denote my location/interest, and Hardiness Zone (for Gardening). ‘Najeegle’ is very interesting.  :)

Junior, sorry about your forum…no wonder I couldn’t find it, lately. I thought that was a nice’set-up’ that you had there.

Oh, last night I forgot to put my guess in (for the mystery bird).  My best guess would have to be a ‘Yellow-Breasted Chat’. I have only seen them once, in my yard, many years ago…very pretty bird (but, aren’t they all).  :)    Is that who this ‘mystery’ bird is?

~Annie in NJ~ aka jerseytweeter (najeegle) :)   at…

http://www.youtube.com/user/jerseytweeter/videos?view=0&flow=grid

#5100204 Report Abuse
    narnian
    narnian
    Participant

Annie…you will get used to this board…I used to forget where I posted, so I would go to my profile and look at the posts I had made (or answered) I still do that occasionally. I also like that each posts tells who started it.

#5100815 Report Abuse
    sawdust_JCMo
    sawdust_JCMo
    Participant

yellow breasted chat

#5101086 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Annie – I’m sorry to hear you’re not finding the boards as enjoyable as you used to. I want you to know that we are refocusing our efforts on the Community forums to ensure our members have plenty of opportunities to talk about the birds and blooms they love to read about in our magazine. Do you have any suggestions for how we can make the boards more interesting and fun for users like you? I would really like to hear them, so please share. You can send me an email directly (florida33girl@gmail.com) if you prefer. My #1 goal is making these boards better for our birds and blooms lovers!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5101087 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Also, Junior, I’m sorry we “hi-jacked” your post. I’m going to agree with sawdust – looks like a Yellow Breasted Chat to me!

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5101324 Report Abuse

newfoundlander61
    Participant

Yellow breasted chat.

#5101531 Report Abuse
    Junior Barnes
    Junior Barnes
    Participant

This Yellow-Breasted Chat was photographed in Southern Ohio. Thanks for participating, everyone!

#5104181 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Hi

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.