Artificial Turf???????

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Artificial Turf???????

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GreyGranny__AB 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I promised my DIL that I would try to get some information as to the pros and cons of artificial turf.  DS has an inground pool.  The kids have a sandbox…The lawn gets quite a beating over the summer months.  So DIL mentioned that although she is not crazy about the idea, but it might help not having to take care of a lawn that is slowing turning into a weed garden.

I mentioned that I would ask you on her bahalf if you have had experience or have experience with artificial turf.  I saw some at Home Depot that looked like grass.  Wonder if it’s worth the money, or is it easy to keep clean?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5144212 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I have used it in areas where it was too hard to maintain the grass & liked it.  If you are talking about the one that you lay like carpet I punched holes in mine with an ice pick (you can use a screwdriver) to keep water from collecting on it.   If the backing is porous you don’t need to do that.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5144223 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Thanks Gayle.  I’ll pass the tip to my DS or DIL.

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5146841 Report Abuse

GreyGranny__AB
    Participant

If it doesn’t allow dandelions to grow, I’d like it…but then DH wouldn’t have a use for the ride-on lawn mower I bought for him at an auction this winter.

hugs

GG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.