anyone else notice "the time" is often slow to change on the posts?

Home Forums Backyard Chat General anyone else notice "the time" is often slow to change on the posts?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  surferdude_FL 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

for me anyway, it sometimes lags behind in updating and I don’t know anyone replies to the posts?     Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing this?

Will check tomorrow for replies, because I have to be at the hospital by NINE AM tomorrow and it will take  about 1 hours to get there so I’m going to bed.  Good night.

#5141727 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Do you mean your posts take a long time to show up? The time at the top of the post in incorrect anyways unless you live in the Central time zone.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5141791 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Time never matches mine on the posts and I am in Daylight Savings Time in northeast.

Sometimes there is a big difference in the time between other posts and mine.  Guess it doesn’t matter anyway.

#5141821 Report Abuse

Iambanned
    Participant

Hit F5 to refresh and reload your page. You are likely posting and then viewing the same cached page over and over.

#5141823 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

I have noticed!  Best of luck w/ your appt at the hosp today, Joan!  HUGS & PRAYERS!

#5141957 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Posy, the time won’t match.  The new format is using Central Time for everybody & no way to change it.

I’m posting this at 6:o1  Eastern DST

#5142014 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

No .  what is mean is when someone replies to a post sometimes it  isn’t showing and update to the post.   It doesn’t look anyone has answered or replied to the  post.

Doesn’t matter if it’s here  in General,  News, Food, or what . It doesn’t always show an update when anyone replies.   Maybe it’s just me?    

It’s so peculiar how we have different issues the way the board works .

#5142049 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

I’m still not getting this.  (I’m a little slow in my old age.  LOL)

You are not seeing replies to some posts?  How do you know there are replies?

Wait, I think I got it.  You mean when you bring up General BYC & it lists the threads & over on  the right it shows “Most  Recent”?  You post a reply to something & your reply doesn’t show there but it should say  ;  10 minutes ago. Joan1_Alabama.  That it?  Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for that info to show up.    I sometimes go back to the post to be sure my reply is there & it seems like then it shows.  Doesn’t always happen though.  So No it’s not just you if that is what we’re talking about.

#5142167 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Gayle, I think I know what Joan means!  It happens to me, too!  She means that sometimes no posts will show up at all sometimes, then when you come back a few hrs later or so, they are there!  We need to address thi s to Jill & board techies.  Sometimes lately, I have a hard time getting something to post when I hit the submit button, too.

#5142196 Report Abuse

joan1___Alabama
    Participant

Yes, Gayle  and Marge, that’s what I mean.  It is slow to update and show someone has replied. 

Sometimes it is 30 minutes or more before it shows the reply when anyone answers and I have to keep checking and the post IS There,  Yet the thingy on the right side has NOT  Updated  where it   reads”  the time or who posted a reply “.      It kind of randomly posts  that info. 

#5142220 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Once you’ve opened by clicking on community and started reading the different forums and “latest post” that locks the clock out. Backspace to the tool bar at the top with choices and click on community again. All of the latest post will show up with seconds, minutes,etc. of the latest post while you were posting or looking.

Terry

#5142221 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

It has been around 26 seconds since I replied to this post. I think the “most recent post” on the right is really the newest topics started, I don’t know for sure.

Terry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.