Another punk kid story

Home Forums Birding Your Bird Stories (aka Bird Tales) Another punk kid story

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Magnolia15 Magnolia15 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

I was sitting at a red light one morning on my way to the bog, watching a fat and happy little dove peck around on the road up ahead when some punk kid (a totally different punk kid from the previous story) in a tricked out little sports car pulled up beside me. His stereo was cranked so loud I could hear the sheet metal of his fenders rattling. Suddenly I got this sinking feeling that the dove in the road was a goner. The light turned green and that kid took off, then something amazing happened! He must have seen the dove because he slammed on his brakes! He came to a complete stop and waited while that dove waddled over to the side of the road and hopped up on the curb!

-birdsofthebog.com

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Magnolia15 Magnolia15.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Magnolia15 Magnolia15.
    #5123510 Report Abuse
    Brian J
    Brian J
    Participant

There is hope for the next generation after all!!! LOL

My punk kid story goes like this, I was working down in North Carolina a couple years ago and on a day off I went for a ride around the job (golf course construction work) with my camera because there is always an abundance of birds and other wildlife around there, when I come up on an Osprey, I got out of the car and walked toward it shooting a bunch of pics on the way, when I finally got to within 15 feet of him I knew something was not right. I called the animal rescue and they had no one that could catch it that day and said if I could catch it and bring it down there they would look at it. Catching it is another long story!!! LOL I did manage to get it loaded up in the truck and brought it to them, after a couple of days I got a call from them telling me that that beautiful bird had died from 5 pellets from a pellet gun!!! I also heard that some of the ground maintenance crew had been shot at that same day, only one of them had been hit but did not penetrate his jacket. the police found the group of teen age boys that had done it and they admitted to shooting at the “Mexicans” (not my words, theirs) but not the bird!!! No charges were filed. I imagine that our tax dollars will soon be housing and feeding them after they grow up and feel its ok to do something like that without consequence.

This is the bird, I was sorry to hear its fate!!!

Have a wonderful day and feel free to check out more of my photography here,
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/53805123@N05/

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Brian J Brian J.
    #5123652 Report Abuse
    Magnolia15
    Magnolia15
    Participant

That sucks, such a pretty bird.

-birdsofthebog.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.