Alright, just a little stumped or…..

Home Forums Gardening All About Seeds Alright, just a little stumped or…..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by dena1123 dena1123 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Astonished is more like it.  On Monday, yes of this week, I planted 28 Hubbard Squash seeds and 16 cabbage.  I did them in the large Jiffy pellets.  I opened the lid about an hour ago and do you know, every single one of them has germinated and sprouted.

Did I do something wrong?  It just seems impossible to have seeds germinate and sprout that quick or is it typical of these types of veggies?

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Dena

#5136426 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Some do – but not sure which ones. Enjoy. Alma

<*)~// Tealbird

#5136440 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Well congrats Dena your  the momma of  bouncing baby squash (es)  . Lol no I don’t think you did anything wrong ,my seeds germinated pretty fast for me this year too. You must have the green touch . I find my seeds do better in jiffy’s then just soil maybe that was the difference .

Have fun raising them .

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5136590 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Not unusual at all.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5136619 Report Abuse
    dena1123
    dena1123
    Participant

Good to know then.  I was just floored.  I didn’t use the Jiffy Pellets for the other veggies.  I just really struggled with the smaller seeds.  May rethink for next year.  The only thing that seems to be going nowhere quick, is the strawberry seeds I have done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.