About 2 hrs ago… Brad scared the crap out of me (Iluv)

Home Forums Backyard Chat General About 2 hrs ago… Brad scared the crap out of me (Iluv)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by MountainMan MountainMan 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    Participant

We were eating supper… I hadn’t even started yet.  We were going to eat in the livingroom.  I was still dishing up my stuff.  Had broiled fish fillets, vegi’s and hash browns… the vegies (bought in one of those microwave steam bags) were BIG.

I am dishing up my plate when I hear him CHOKING!!!  I scream!!! Assuming he’s having another heart attack…..Run in there… he’s “throwing up”… ask him what’sd wrong…. he pounts to his throat and can get out “I’m choking”.

I’m in a panic… not knowing what to do.  He is “talking” so I seem to know that by that, he can breath…but very little.  FINALLY, what ever it was goes down (I’m assuming a vegi).

After the fact one knows what they should have done… the heimlich maneuver…. but when one is so scared they don’t think!!!!!

His voice is a little ruff…. He had tears coming down his face…. he was scared too!

After all was said and done we hugged like there was no tomorrow and I said to him

“I really wish you’d stop doing this to me!!!”

#5096829 Report Abuse
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    Participant

NEVER buying that vegi blend again!!!  It was BIG CUT carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

#5096837 Report Abuse
    Sandy K.
    Sandy K.
    Participant

Brad has Angels watching over him . So glad he was finally able to get it down  and all is well again . You two must have been so scared . I think I would have panic.

Sandy K.

Find more about Weather in Lupton, MI

#5096840 Report Abuse

OhioLilacLady
    Participant

Wow, I m sure that was a horrible experience for both of you at the time .  So glad it turned out okay.

Brads’ throat will probably be sore (or tender) for another day or so .

Hubby scared me to death like that one time when he got a fish bone caught in his throat . 

#5096854 Report Abuse
    bwatcher
    bwatcher
    Participant

Tell him from now on he has to chew every bite 25 times before he swallows.

#5096897 Report Abuse
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    fishseddyNYzn5A
    Participant

Thank God he was ok, and you take care also.

photo signature_1.gif

#5096904 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Whew. You are taking good care of him.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5096928 Report Abuse
    GiddeyUp
    GiddeyUp
    Blocked

That is scary … glad it ended well !

Learn the heimlich maneuver … there’s a joke about that in Fun & Games jokes … :)

U’ll never get that boy raised, will ya ?   :lol:

photo 2.gif

#5096940 Report Abuse

barkey
    Participant

Brad needs to have that muscle in his throat stretched I did now no problem. Have a great day.

#5096990 Report Abuse

hopscotch
    Participant

There are a lot vegetable mixes in the frozen department that have smaller pieces.  I use quite a few of them.  Glad everything turned out okay.

#5097036 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Glad it turned out okay and he was able to swallow and get his breath back and be okay.  Chew the food good is one of the secrets, but sometimes things go down the wrong way through no fault of your own, whatever makes that happen.  I overcook my veggies sometimes so mine are soft.  I don’t like the cooked ones crispy.  DH same way, likes to be sure everything is done all the way through.  Meat is well done here, too.  Just our way, I guess.  But still can choke suddenly anytime on water or solids, doesn’t matter; it just happens.

#5097078 Report Abuse
    Nickle98
    Nickle98
    Participant

While in Florida last week, we were out eating supper and I had steak.  A bite stuck in MY throat and it took what seemed forever for it to finally get through the constriction.  Needless to say, my supper was finished from then on…so I know what your DH went through.  I didn’t choke, but it was a bit painful and near to throwing up for me, too.  SMALL bites thoroughly chewed is a MUST for us old folks!  SO GLAD he got it down and was able to breath in the process…or the results could have been so much worse!  Blessing’s on both of you!

#5097111 Report Abuse

oldcoots
    Participant

So glad everything turned out OK

#5097148 Report Abuse
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    ILUVCHICKODEES___MN
    Participant

LoL giddey!!

#5097180 Report Abuse
    MountainMan
    MountainMan
    Participant

I am always choking like that since I have a swallowing problem due to the MD I have. It is sometimes very scary. Glad all turned out okay there.

photo CharmBraceletfromTZ_zps73c91e34.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.