A week and 1/2 w/ no tv here! Mwaaa!

Home Forums Backyard Chat General A week and 1/2 w/ no tv here! Mwaaa!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  surferdude_FL 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Directv guy is coming today, however!  He was orig going to set me up right away last Sun but had to hold off to get permission from the HOA!  Got approval for the dish, however it is not Dish svc  but Directv!  Getting wireless receiver boxes & all new & upgraded equip!  Hope the guy comes soon as it looks like it is clouding up again!  Hope if it rains it will hold off!

#5270499 Report Abuse
    mary
    mary
    Participant

Good morning Margba, hope he comes soon for you, said you miss the Amish people,how far from the old home do you live now? and you have a garden to grow things in too nice, is it an apartment? Mary in KY 10.43am

#5270505 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Hi Mary!  I also hope he comes today!  Should be coming anytime soon!  I am not too far from my old apt & the Amish areas.  Not many Amish up this way but many factions of Mennonites.  Already talked to my former landlord 2xs this morning as he is in my old apt now getting it ready for a new tenant!  I do miss him already!  I have a small condo I bought.  No rent anymore & modest condo fees!  Will try to get pics soon to post.  LL says my apt is ok except for the dust & my toilet issues!  Hooefully he can fix the toilet w/o needing to call a plumber.

#5270526 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Direct TV also uses a satellite dish (at least they do here) so that’s probably why he had to get permission.  Is this your 1st experience with an HOA community?

My satellite went out Friday morning & I was busy with the GKs so didn’t get it fixed till yesterday.  The connectors on the dish outside had rusted.  I don’t watch a lot of TV but you miss it when you don’t have it.  LOL

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5270531 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

TV is nice to watch when you want to………..do miss it when it goes out, though.  We have cable TV and sometimes we have to reset our HD box for whatever reason but we can do that ourselves and get the TV back.  If not, we just call the cable co. and talk to technicians there.  Some people across the road from me have satellite dishes, not sure if it is DISH or Direct TV.

I hang with cable as have internet, too, with them.

#5270696 Report Abuse
    4mybackyardpa5
    4mybackyardpa5
    Participant

We have the DISH NETWORK and have been having issues with some trees that are interfering with the signals.We had the tech guy out here once and verified what the trouble was. DH was afraid of this tree falling on the barn so was ready to take it down. The more we think about it, I think I am going to have another tech guy come & see if they can’t point the DISH another way. Pointing the other way is all clear as far as we can see. Maybe he just didn’t want to move it. TV is one of those things that you take for granted till it’s gone. Hope you get it back soon, Marg!

photo 123.gif

#5270893 Report Abuse

surferdude_FL
    Participant

Marilyn….The dish  should be pointed south, southwest or southeast in most cases to receive the satellite “line of sight” signal. Nothing can be in the way of the straight line signal, no tree limbs, mountains, buildings, etc. can be between the dish and the signal sent from the satellite. It’s just like aiming a firearm, allow for elevation(up or down)  and windage (side to side), nothing can be between the bullet(signal) and intended target(dish).

Terry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.