A nice nursery visit………………..

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat A nice nursery visit………………..

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by iris43 iris43 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

I was away this past wkd to a fiberglassrv rally near Welland, ON.  On the drive home,  I drove past a very interesting nursery called The Potting Shed.  It just called to me to stop!

It seemed to specialize in Lilies.  I thought of Gayle……..

There were hundreds of different lilies….wish you all could have been with me.

They also had wonderful hostas.  They were beautiful and huge.  You would have loved them.

And many other beautiful plants

And this strange assortment…….  :D

#5264466 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Noreen….aren’t yo happy you stopped?  WOW….what lovely lilies and other flowers as well.  We have a place near here that specializes in hostas and daylilies……looks like this place does as well!

Tell us….did you purchase anything?

When we were at Julie’s this past weekend, we also visited a nursery that hybridizes their own day lilies….I also thought of Gayle.

What a nice stop for you….and thanks for sharing!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5264469 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Noreen that is a nice nursery to visit. Wish I would have been along with you. You took great pictures! Love the hostas.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5264470 Report Abuse
    steve232__nc
    steve232__nc
    Participant

Those lilies are beautiful. I bet you are really glad you stopped there. I always like going to garden centers. Often times you find things in those places you won’t find in the big box stores.

Community Team Member
    Find more about Weather in North Wilkesboro, NC

#5264475 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

Yes!  You’re right….I’m glad I stopped.  I had driven past it last year and promised myself I’d stop this year and almost forgot.  But it would not let me go.

However, I did not buy anything.  As you have seen from pictures of my gardens, you know they are packed full.  Anything I add I have to think about it first.  And there were so many gorgeous lilies and hostas I couldn’t chose.  LOL  I know, I am already regretting not buying one of those flowers.  Oh well….it means another road trip.  LOL

#5264482 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Gee, it’s nice that you all thought of me :)   And beautiful plants.  You know I would have come home with at least one of those Lilies.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264487 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Wow!!  those are gorgeous flowers…love the Hostas’ leaves also…My little courtyard is packed  but I still dream about other plants I wish could have…I lost the tag of a new Daisy Banana…something that I got a few days ago at Lowes….Glad you enjoyed this nursery

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by ili Z.9 ili Z.9.
    #5264501 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Noreen, I am so glad you stopped for a peek see, it is a gorgeous place to walk through. Since I lived in the Niagara area all my life except the past few years I have been there several times. My sister got 2 gorgeous water features from there a few years ago.

Did you see the goats? :)

Thanks for sharing your adventure with everyone. Now I want to go again…..

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264520 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I so glad you didn’t miss that stop. What a great find. Love the name.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5264562 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

What a fun looking nursery, and healthy looking plants!  I can’t believe you resisted temptation!! lol

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5264584 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

I’m so glad everyone has enjoyed the pictures.  The whole time I was there I couldn’t help but wish you all were with me!  :)

Melissa, I can’t believe I didn’t buy the place out!  LOL  The plants were huge and so-o healthy looking.   Especially since I had the camper with me so had lots of room to transport almost anything I’d buy.  LOL

Donna, yes, I saw the cute goats…….and the donkeys.. and the chickens.  Loved them!

As I continued west on #3 I passed this barn.

And next to it…….

I believe this might have been a children’s camp……

When I took the pictures of the birdhouses on the barn, they appeared to have been painted by children, every one of them different.   I couldn’t resist.  :)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by iris43 iris43.
    #5264737 Report Abuse
    luvmyb_b
    luvmyb_b
    Participant

What a neat place!  I’m glad you shared your pictures with us.  DH would never have left that place without at least one of those hostas.  He is always after me as to why ours don’t get as big as some that he sees around town.  No way would he not have to have one of those beauties.

photo signature_3.gif
    NW Ohio
    Zn5

#5264787 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

There’s different kinds of Hosta, Karen.  Some get big & some don’t.    Wonder why men seem to like the Hosta so much?

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264810 Report Abuse

tealbirdIA_Z4
    Participant

Think men like the Hosta’s because they stay about the same all season. JMO.

Interesting plants, trips and pix.

<*)~// Tealbird

#5264841 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I am glad I checked back here tonight….more pics have been added!  I rally like those decorative birdhouses lined up by the barn….what a nice camp for kids…..Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.