A few photos of the Niagara-on-the-lake region…

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat A few photos of the Niagara-on-the-lake region…

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I must have taken a couple of hundred pictures during my nieces visit.  Most of them of her and her fiancee.  I’m afraid my family does not want me to post pictures of the kids nor themselves so there aren’t that many to post.

Our first stop driving to Niagara Falls was for lunch at Stoney Ridge Estate Winery.  What a beautiful place.  I wish now I had taken more pictures of the flowers.  It’s just that this is not my first time visiting this area so I felt I did not need that many souvenir pictures.

Hope you can see the bird nest.  There were lots of birds around.  I’m afraid I was stuffing my face with the many different cheeses and wine that my DS ordered for lunch.  Oh were they ever delicious.

Our next stop was at the Jackson Triggs Winery.  DS got us tickets for a tour of the winery.  I learned something important.  If you plant a rose bush in front of the grape plants, and you see bugs on it…the rest of the vine grapes have to be sprayed for insects so they don’t kill all the plants.  Of course we had a wine tasting session….lol.

As for the Niagara Falls pictures, I let the young couple take them.  I’ve been to Niagara Falls so many times.  It’s always a stop when I visit my DS#1 in Toronto.

We also stopped at this quaint village that consisted of fabulous restaurants and boutiques…pricey, but nice.

Then on to our hotel with the best view of Niagara Falls….

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5264231 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

I forgot to mention in my defense……I did not use my new camera.  I used my digital Canon.  I really did not want to drag the new one in case I would be clumsy and damage it.  I’m leaving that camera for the birds….lol

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5264277 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Nice pictures.  Our neighbors, who have since retired and moved south to Atlanta, Ga. where their son lives/works, visited Niagara on the Lake and said it was beautiful there and she always wanted to go again, but not sure she ever did.  He sold his business and she retired from administration in school district here, so they are pretty well set I would say!  They bought a 3 story condo in GA.  She originally was from Long Island and met him at university 12 miles from here where they both attended.  He is a local from this county, though.

I have never been to Niagara on the Lake, but have been to Niagara Falls several times and as a young girl I lived in Kenmore, NY where Elmwood Ave. runs through so many miles.

Glad you had a nice trip there Stella.   Wine and cheese, oooh so good!!!

#5264280 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Stella, I love the plants all around and I see they use the old whiskey barrels too.  I love planting in them.  The area looks so beautiful.  You took some great pictures while you were on your road trip with your family.  Nice pic of the bird nest too.  I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

margba
    margba
    Participant

Love the plants & other pics!  I know what youmean about family not wanting pics posted online!  My family is pretty much the same way, at least some of them!  Not all are like that!

#5264283 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Wonderful pictures Stella. It has been many years since I have been to the falls. My FIL and I actually took the under the falls tour..very interesting. I might add that the people on the Canadian side of the falls are much more pleasant than the ones on the US side, at least that is what we found when we used to drive from NY to Mich. every year.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5264333 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

What a wonderful time you must of had… too bad we can’t see the kids… no one on here would care.. oh well… that might be a place hubby and I will have to visit..

Love the flowers… the barrels always look so nice… and what great lights…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5264340 Report Abuse
    ili Z.9
    ili Z.9
    Participant

Lovely pictures Stella,  haven’t been there in a long long time

.gif.html" target="_blank">x_3f0b069b photo x_3f0b069b_zpsa1c3a481.gif

#5264342 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

I always remembered the raincoats and the Maid of the Mist ride when I was a young girl!  That is a fun ride to take at any age.  The memories of it stick with you forever.

#5264357 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Nice pictures Stella.  One of the places I always wanted to go growing up was Niagara Falls & I finally made it there one year.  Fla. was another one.  Been there many times now.  All that is left is Hawaii.  Don’t know if I’ll make that one or not.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5264439 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

What fun you had, Stella.  I love Niagara-on-the Lake and am trying to make plans to attend a FiberglassRV rally there in September.  I hope to get to the wineries you visited.  The whole Niagara region is a wonderful garden.  You took some great pictures.

Funny that you posted your pictures today……..I just came home from a rally near Welland, not far from Niagara-on-the-Lake.  Had a great wkd and visited a nice nursery on the way home.  I’ll start another thread with pics from there and not highjack your interesting thread about wineries around Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

#5264504 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Stella, you visited one of my favourite spots. I have family living in NOTL. Did you see the horse and buggies on the main street or didn’t you get that far into town? I also introduced Rick to the cute little town and he loved it. When I was a little girl (100) years ago I used to think the big clock in the centre of the town was gigantic but as I got older it didn’t look quite as tall. :)

Thank you for sharing your pics with us and glad you enjoyed your wine tour and tasting. :)

Memories….all good ones for me.

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5264518 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Glad you had such a nice time with your family. It’s amazing what we take for granted when you live so close to these natural wonders. I will never forget the power of those falls the first time I heard them just before turning that bend in the road when they came into view the first time.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5264561 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

What great pictures, Stella.  I have never been to Niagra Falls, but hope to get there someday.  I am sure visiting the wineries was great fun.  I am sure your guests enjoyed it and wonderful that your DS & family accompanied you.  Wonderful memories for you.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.