A few kitchen pics. Progress!

Home Forums Gardening Garden Chat A few kitchen pics. Progress!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Just excited we have the uppers installed.  The first 2 pics are along 1 wall.  The short/wide cabinet goes over the fridge.  I love the new paint color I picked.  The green color under the 2 cabinets is the old color, and will have a tile backsplash covering that, so didn’t need to paint there.  We have temporary lighting in there, hence the bare bulbs you’ll see.  Need to get handles for all the doors yet too.

The view of the other 2 walls.  Dh picked the little corner shelf and I really like it and can’t wait to put knick knacks on it for each season!  The white wall under the short cabinet is where the microwave will go, which is over the range.

new sig photo signature_12.gif

#5269444 Report Abuse
    anky37
    anky37
    Participant

OOO.. Nice!! Can’t wait to see the finished pics!!

Believe me, when it’s all done all the waiting & doing dishes in other places & no stove & all the mess will be well worth it!!

photo signature_1.gif

#5269471 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Wow!  Glad you are getting a new kitchen!  Will you put in a new bathroom, too!  Hope to see more pics of it!

#5269510 Report Abuse
    CatsBirds
    CatsBirds
    Participant

Looking good… can’t wait until its finished…

Sharon, Catsbirds, Community Team Member
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#5269527 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Very nice Melissa, your hard work is paying off. :)

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#5269545 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Margba-We did the bathroom in January!  Since Nov. of 2012 we’ve done a new laundry room, 3 bedrooms got new flooring/paint, installed a new shower feature and decorative tiles in downstairs bath, and the main floor bathroom was a complete redo.  Once the kitchen is done we need to recover for a bit!  We are going to replace all carpet upstairs as well as on the stairs, as that ties in to the kitchen and paint those rooms too of course.  We did save the pergo flooring we took out of the kitchen and are hoping to reuse it downstairs in a landing/hallway area.  Thankfully we both enjoy working on projects.

#5269547 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Beautiful start, can’t wait to see it when it is all finished. Having redone several homes I appreciate all of the hard work it takes but it will be well worth it in the end. In my last home before this one I lived in the dining room for several months while the kitchen and laundry room were being re-done. I think (hope) my re-doing days are over.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#5269552 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Very well done and very nice looking! I love doing these kind of projects too. I had to lol because when you showed a pic of your bathroom the layout and color was almost the same as my last home and your kitchen color is the color I chose to do oldest son’s computer room in and the green you had in your kitchen is almost the same I did in his kitchen.

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#5269592 Report Abuse
    Stelios
    Stelios
    Participant

Looks very nice.  I know renovations are a lot of work, but when you see the end results….it’s all worth it!

Stella
    Community Team Member

#5269600 Report Abuse
    Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Kathy-You must have good taste! lol

#5269603 Report Abuse
    margba
    margba
    Participant

Lol!

Nice to have a brand new house w/o moving!  How old is your home & what kind of home is it?  Modern, Victorian, etc?

#5269604 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Melissa…what great progress you guys are making!  I think everything looks fabulous.  I had to laugh when you already said “our next project”.  You 2 are very ambitious and talented people.  You have NO idea how much you are saving on labor.  I look forward to the completion pics….it will probably be any day now at the pace you guys work at….lol.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5269636 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

You have the same tastes in the kitchen as one of my BF.  She painted hers the same color and has the “Apple” accessories…kitchen towels, pictures, and etc…   She just finished a wall over the cook stove with a checkered pattern in the same color with white.  Looks super, for her cabinets are on both sides of her cook stove and the checkered pattern gives it some depth.

Good job and I can’t wait to see the finished pics.

Raising_4_Birders
    Raising_4_Birders
    Participant

Kathy-It was built in 82 with an addition added in 02.  We bought it in 08.  It’s just a modern home, walk out basement, 2 levels with 2 beds 1 bath up and down each.  The nice part for us is it has a living room, great room, and family room so plenty of space for the kids.  It’s nearly 3000 sq ft.  We wanted 5 bedrooms, but they are just too hard to find and we didn’t want to add on or take away anything to create a bedroom.  We gave the girls the large master bedroom, and it works great for them.

#5269709 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Melissa, terrific job.  I am sure you will enjoy it when it is finished.  I designed my kitchen when we built this house and it is the area that I live in.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.