Garden Resolutions Challenge for 2014

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As Garden Resolutions Challenge for 2014

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 49 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Oh Boy, I just read my list of things to accomplish.  I did find a parting job which has turned into more of a full time job so think I am in trouble with a capital T.  I do have all the plants started for the new annual bed but nothing planted yet.  Not on my list was to get a strawberry bed going and that is done and going quite nicely.  Also have lots of perennial started for the other new beds I want to make and the one that I need to redo but the growing season is just starting here so there is hope.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5148246 Report Abuse
    Jill Staake
    Jill Staake
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update, Wilderness! There’s plenty of gardening season left… can’t wait to see what you accomplish!

Who else has been busy keeping their resolutions? :)

Jill Staake (florida33girl@gmail.com)
    Birds & Blooms Community Manager
    Tampa, Florida Zone 9b

#5151096 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Congratulation on keeping the first part of your 2014 Garden Resolution Jill. Sounds pretty nice to start a garden so early in the year, especially when the NYGR is still fresh in your mind.

My garden designs/plans took a slight detour. I ended up planting only 2 Heirloom tomatoes b/c I found 3 seeds for cucumbers & 3  seeds for Cherry tomato plants saved from a few years ago & wanted to give them a whirl. Went ahead & planted all 6 seeds & now I have 5 more vegetable plants growing; one of the cucumber plants got zapped from a cold snap.

So, I did not stick to my Garden Resolution but I am happy with the garden so far & looking forward to hearing about/seeing everyone else’s NYGR.

Jill, I feel you deserve the strawberry plant/s of your choice for sticking to your     Garden Resolution so well, good job.

#5261155 Report Abuse
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    wilderness_NY_Z4
    Participant

Well, plans are not moving along as fast as I had hoped.  There is no new bed in the fairy garden yet but the bridge to it is built and in place.  Not sure that counts since I didn’t mention it in the first post but it was on the to do list.

photo signature_3.gif

Community Team Member wildernessny@gmail.com

#5261250 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

So far I am on track.  I gave away lots of perennials this Spring.  I sent many with Kathy…and on Memorial day weekend, I gave a couple a pickup load of phlox.  I have transplanted some to behind my shop….and a few I have tossed away.

My containers are doing good so far.  I tried some new plants, but incorporated them with the reliable plants I knew did well in containers.  I will share pics in a few weeks.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.