Sunflower Seed Baskets

Home Forums Gardening Look What I Made Sunflower Seed Baskets

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by plantdoctorzn4 plantdoctorzn4 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

krazykook
    Participant

I would like to share an project I did. I used my small dried sunflower heads and put them in a small basket and hung on a tree and the birds seem to like it. I took small craft baskets and used floral wire to secure the sunflower heads into the basket. Then I used string to put three in a row and hung them up. It worked the birds come and get the seed out. I haven’t tired it for the bigger one yet.  I have pictures but can’t attach to this email.

#4736381 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Welcome to the Board krazykook.  Sounds like a good idea.  You should post it on Bird Watching Forum also.  You have to go through a 3rd party to post pictures here like Photobucket for example.  You can’t just C & P

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#5130154 Report Abuse
    cbrooks
    cbrooks
    Participant

sound cool must try mammoth Russian very big.

#5130696 Report Abuse
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

What a good idea!

#5130891 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

That is a good idea.  It may be possible to add other flower seed heads that the birds enjoy.  I have found lots of baskets in the free boxes at garage sales and my brother has a 2nd hand store and always gives me baskets that people bring in.  I will have to give this a try.   Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.