Has anyone seen a Falcate Orangetip Butterfly?…

Home Forums Gardening Bugs and Butterflies Has anyone seen a Falcate Orangetip Butterfly?…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NewsletterMan 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

In nature/North America? Also called, Anthocharis midea??? They look similar to a Cabbage White, only they have distinctive orange tips on their wings?  

#4714471 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

No I have never seen one .  Have you???

#4714690 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Hello Jaguae, I’ve been wondering if you still post on B&B. Glad to see you back here in the Butterfly Forum.

No, I’ve never seen a Falcate but I’ve been following North American sightings & was astonished at all of the butterflies trackers’ are seeing locally (or just even in Maryland). Some of the butterflies they listed were ones I’ve never suspected would pass though Maryland or the states surrounding us? 

Most of the butterfly counters’ show pictures & a list of what they spotted; where; when & the conditions. It is really amazing to see all of the different butterflies passing through the states & beyond (some Canadian trackers’ post as well).   

So I’m on the lookout now:-)

Hope you continue to share your great butterfly pictures with us this year.

#4715577 Report Abuse

jaguae
    Participant

I have not seen many butterflies the last two years.

#4715887 Report Abuse

NewsletterMan
    Participant

Yes I’ve seen them here in the UpState of SC  -  At least it looks like what you describe.   NLM in SC Zn7

#4716305 Report Abuse
    MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

That is good news NLM! Do you remember when you spotted the Falcate or what the conditions were at the time? Did it land on anything particular? Thank you for posting your sighting.

#4731699 Report Abuse

NewsletterMan
    Participant

MDGrennery -  I’m from Western Md.  (Hagerstown)   I have lots of family there.   Wondering where in Md you are??     NewsletterMan in SC Zn7 (myrndaddy@charter.net)     Talk to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.