SunshineNY6 2013 Garden Progress Sept update

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As SunshineNY6 2013 Garden Progress Sept update

This topic contains 70 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

bump….I think this got lost in the Merry Christmas threads…..worth looking at for sure!

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4761234 Report Abuse
    Grandmaof2
    Grandmaof2
    Participant

Good for you for keeping yours going. I think I just quit when things started dying. I should finish up though, as a record for myself. I don’t want a lot of snow, but it sure looks better than the dead looking stuff that I have this time of year.

Click for Orangeburg, South Carolina Forecast

#4761235 Report Abuse
    growingranny_va_z7
    growingranny_va_z7
    Participant

Wendy I wish I was as organized with my pictures as you are. Maybe you need to come spend a week with me and do it???? [;)] I spend so much time looking for a plant to share sometimes my ADD takes over and I don’t even get to post one.

Find more about Weather in Dutton, VA

#4761236 Report Abuse
    Kathy
    Kathy
    Participant

Wendy you did a great job in keeping up. I wish I would have had gardens to do the same last year but at least I got to enjoy yours!…..Kathy

Kathy zone4

Find more about Weather in Sioux Falls, SD

#4761237 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

WOW!!  That is a lot of work for you.  Everything looks so neat and clean.  Good job planning for all that.  The mailbox garden is just beautiful.  I think coleus would look wonderful between those hosts. Good job.

MDgreenery
    MDgreenery
    Participant

Really nice flower beds Sunshine. I like your garden pictures of all four seasons. I didn’t realize you had so much space. Looks as if you placed the bench (in Sept’s picture) in the perfect spot. Appears as though you could enjoy a view of the whole garden from that spot.

#4761239 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your nice comments.  I’m glad I stuck with it, just to see the four seasons of the gardening. 

Charlene, thanks for bumping up the post.  I hope a lot of people did check it out I didn’t expect to see replies so bumping it was appreciated.

Leslie, I wanted to keep it as a record.  I start a journal each year when  I start my seeds but I lose interest in that long before the seedlings are in the ground.

Molly, maybe that can be arranged this summer.  I’m looking forward to a better year.

Kathy, I’m glad you enjoyed mine and hope you will be able to have a garden in 2014.

Julie, under that snow they are not so neat and clean.  That will be a job first thing in the spring.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#5119320 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Just checking to see where we were this time last year and the gardens do not look much different.

I did notice I had my greenhouse up April 1st but there I snow on it.  At least there’s hope.

#5135138 Report Abuse
    doobiedoo
    doobiedoo
    Participant

wow what a great bunch of pics and such a nice yard and gardens. you did great. what are the big red flowers in the mailbox photo? sept ?

#5136158 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Those big red flowers of Wendy’s are called Yvonne’s Salvia.  They get to be 5 to 7 ft tall and the hummers love them.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#5136181 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Wow, I just noticed my October through December pics are not on here any longer. I wanted to save this thread to compare it to this year.
    Too bad we don’t have the search function any longer.

Yes, Charlene is correct. They are Yvonne’s Salvia. I’m trying to think who would have both our email addys so you could give me your address to send you some seeds if you want. Maybe Lizzie has it?

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.