SunshineNY6 2013 Garden Progress Sept update

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As SunshineNY6 2013 Garden Progress Sept update

This topic contains 70 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

[quote user="SunshineNY6"]

On the downside Charlene, it looks like I only have one month to enjoy the fruits of my labor.  Almost like every month coming up to it are just a tease.

[/quote]

That is not true….April and May were green….and at that time of year, that is a site to behold….June was pretty….July was prettier…and August was prettiest!  I look forward to September….that may be double prettiest!  LOL  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4727376 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Wendy we are the same temp, but I’m more humid.  I never even got a lot of things in the ground so this year I need to plan everything and realize less is more on the baskets … we’ll see. LOL

#4727373 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

[quote user="plantdoctorzn4"] I am glad that you did not eliminate any pics….that is the point…to see the progress from month to month.[/quote]

On the downside Charlene, it looks like I only have one month to enjoy the fruits of my labor.  Almost like every month coming up to it are just a tease.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4727369 Report Abuse

ah64a
    Participant

Man that looks great. Love the humming bird garden.

#4727217 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Absolutely lovely, Wendy.  everyone should have taken a field trip from Sandy’s to your house for all to see them in person.  I have and they are looking alot like I remember them in Sept 2 yrs ago…with a few additions to the hummingbird gardens.  I am glad that you did not eliminate any pics….that is the point…to see the progress from month to month…and what a change it is!  Thanks for sharing a bit of your garden world with us.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4727202 Report Abuse
    sstetzel
    sstetzel
    Participant

Gorgeous!!!  All your work has really paid off.

Sue Stetzel
    Community Manager
    Taste of Home Magazine

#4727097 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Everything is looking great, especially like your hummingbird garden!

#4727460 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

Wow!  Wendy, your gardens are beautiful.  I love your mailbox gardens….my favorite.  And if I remember right, it is full of plants from your greenhouse.  Great job!

All your gardens are so colourful…and that’s what I like in a garden….a riot of colour. 

I imagine they keep you busy….checking them out every day and tweaking this and that.  But so-o satisfying. 

I’ve loved visiting your gardens again this month and look forward to seeing what next month will bring!

#4727441 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Wendy, you have a beautiful yard and your gardens are lovely.  Good job.  

plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Wendy….I think your yard looks lovely for this time of year.  Your Yvonnes salvia sure look alot taller and prettier than mine.  Don’t you love how BES and rudbeckia give color to the yard in the fall?  I still have to do a late August progression pic and that will probably be my last.  Since we haven’t had any rain since the 2nd weekend in August and it has been numerous days on end close to 100º….things are looking pretty sad around here.  Your yard and gardens look lovely!  Nice job, Wendy.  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4733319 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

September update.  I can already notice things are winding down for the year.[:(]

#4733710 Report Abuse

octgal-pa
    Participant

Wendy – Your gardens are beautiful!!!  I admire your work.

#4733667 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

I am bumping this up for others to see Wendy’s progress!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4761241 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

Well, there you have it. 

All four wonderful seasons in Western New York.  I really enjoyed doing this.  Looking back at the whole year is great. I look forward to what comparison there will be in 2014.

#4761242 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Impressive, Wendy!  You have gone full circle in the assignment….and it certainly does show all 4 seasons.  Very lovely gardens and nice job.

[quote user="SunshineNY6"]I look forward to what comparison there will be in 2014.[/quote]

Stayed tuned for the weekend picture thread…..Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.