SunshineNY6 2013 Garden Progress Sept update

Home Forums Gardening General Gardening Q&As SunshineNY6 2013 Garden Progress Sept update

This topic contains 70 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by SunshineNY6 SunshineNY6 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Wendy….actually, they all impress me and bring back pleasant memories!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4710436 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

[quote user="plantdoctorzn4"] I am especially impressed with the mailbox garden and the hummingbird garden[/quote]

Charlene, those two are my favorites also.

Find more about Weather in Rochester, NY

#4710429 Report Abuse
    plantdoctorzn4
    plantdoctorzn4
    Participant

Wendy….all of your gardens are looking great!  I am especially impressed with the mailbox garden and the hummingbird garden….oh….and also the patio wall gardens….like I said….they all look great!  You can be very proud of them and the work that has gone into making them look that good!  Charlene

photo 100_1493.jpg

#4710416 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

I added pictures for July.  Adding the pictures each month is making it a little long now but I love seeing the progression.

#4710753 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

[quote user="iris43"]You certainly put that greenhouse to good use[/quote]

Best money I spent on the garden.  It’s paid for itself with the amount of money I stopped spending on annuals every year.

#4710662 Report Abuse
    iris43
    iris43
    Participant

What a wonderful job you have done on all your flowering beds, Wendy.  You certainly put that greenhouse to good use if you started all those plants in there.  (and I know you did)  LOL

#4710512 Report Abuse
    skippydel13zone6KY
    skippydel13zone6KY
    Participant

Wow, big difference when things are all blooming.  Love the mailbox garden, it looks awesome!

#4710513 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

[quote user="cove2700"]The smaller beds remind me of giant footprints in the grass till they are in bloom.[/quote]

Actually, they were supposed to look like leaves to the “stem” along side.  When you look out at my yard the long bed starts at the narrow end, out.  There is a butterfly bush on the end that was supposed to be the “flower head”.   It never quite turned out the way I imagined.

#4710505 Report Abuse
    Donna
    Donna
    Participant

Hi Wendy, gosh your gardens are really filling in and they are all gorgeous. No wonder you enjoy being outside with your blooms.

Donna

Donna_Canada_Z_5

#4710492 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Quite a difference  from the snow, isn’t it?  LOL  They are all so pretty.  The Mailbox really filled in & I was thinking of your Hummingbird Garden just the other day.  Hadn’t seen a picture of it lately.

The smaller beds remind me of giant footprints in the grass till they are in bloom.  Then they are so pretty.

I think maybe I have all the beds I need now (key word is maybe).  Now I want to start putting stone paths between them a little at a time.

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4711143 Report Abuse
    takyslaky
    takyslaky
    Participant

Wendy, all is beautiful and full.  You have a beautiful yard.  What a change.  Great job.  

SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

[quote user="cove2700"]

Everything looks lush.  I particularly like the Mailbox & HB Garden

[/quote]Those two are my favorites also.

Posy, I like the perennials also.  It’s like getting free plants when I split them.  I also like adding the annuals from my greenhouse stash to complement them.  After reading all about all your plantings and flowers, it would be nice to get down there to see your gardens.

#4726905 Report Abuse

Posynut_NY_zone4
    Participant

Good job, girl.  Takes a lot of work to get the yard such as yours.  I have all perennials in my flowerbeds.  Just have petunias in 2 large pots, and 2 hanging baskets.  Two pots of coleus.  That is enough annuals for me.  At least with perennials you can split and transplant to make more and only your elbow grease is the price you pay!

The most recent plants I put in are flowering after planting last month.  My May Night and Carradonna Salvia are purple and in bloom.  I have some sedum there, poppy, yarrow, columbine and ornamental grass I transplanted, too.  I have some more to transplant after they get done flowering to fill the rest of the space in.  It is where the pool is filled in and the rest is going into grass, as I can’t take care of anymore flower beds.  My other ones need attention now and some replanting/refurbishing to those.

Getting older slowing me down……………….

#4726899 Report Abuse
    Gayle
    Gayle
    Participant

Everything looks lush.  I particularly like the Mailbox & HB Garden

Community Team Member  photo 193363krpfxnjkkm_zpsb1d455d7.gif

#4726842 Report Abuse
    SunshineNY6
    SunshineNY6
    Participant

This is long, but after seeing the progression, I didn’t want to cut anything out.

It’s hard to believe the season is about over.  The month of August the flowers are usually at their peak. 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.